cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple player profiles in Oculus Home

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless you're a nerd living in the basement of your parents house at the age of 32 you will have to lend your gamer profile to other people wanting to try out your Oculus Rift.

Now this isn't a problem with experiences, but how about your progress and stats on Feral Rites, The Climb or Dead and Buried? And even more importantly - the player height. Having one owner profile is good for the library, but then there should be a way to set the current player profile for progress, stats, height, etc.

The technical aspect of saving progress might be problematic if games save them locally based on the user logged on to Windows. But there really should be APIs for storing this for different users even locally.

Even better if stats and progress was stored in the cloud so when you're at a friends you can continue with your own stats and progress there and it will always be stored in the cloud.

Just saying this will be a huge leap forward if any Oculus developer is reading this and want to make a difference.
10 REPLIES 10

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
I definitely agree with this! I don't even let people play certain games I haven't tried or finished yet because of this. It's almost as if they thought we wouldn't share the experience with other people. At the very least a guest profile would be nice. 

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
@Ruudscorner just saw this in another thread:

rlehman Posts: 9 
 Virtual Boy (or Girl)
Another option you have is to create a NEW USER in Windows.  All game data is saved under the user directory.  You can log into the same oculus profile on both user accounts, have access to all purchases, but things like, game save data & default view height would be saved custom for that Windows user.  I have two accounts on my windows computer, one for me and one for my mom.  It's my rift, I just wanted a way for her to try out Farlands without messing up my save game (this is before Farlands added save slots) so I tried this and it worked!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The player height isn't an issue--it uses your height to figure out the floor level during set-up, then uses that for everything else. Floor doesn't move when shorter user tries Rift.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Bel-garath
Expert Protege
I wrote the same thing on Reddit a few months ago and got downvoted for whatever reason.

Greyman
Superstar
I'd take comfort from the fact that the Reddit peeps obviously just don't like you  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kcampbell: That seems like a valid solution. Or at least a quick fix because it rally should have a better way of handling profiles.

@nalex66: You are so right. Player heights solves itself once you've set at least one height for one guy.

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
@Ruudscorner have you tried it yet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
@kcampbell No, I really haven't had any use for it yet. But I have a few friends that would really like to come over one day and try. But now I'm toying with the idea of using mklink to remap my entire Roaming folder to hotswap between "profiles". Maybe I'll make a program to easily do this depending on my success.

Madmatt2525
Honored Guest
There was a small profile switching profile that was being worked on in this thread that showed a lot of promise (https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50439/ohmutlitool-beta-release-v0-2/p1) but unfortunately the guy working on it hasn't had time to update it. Shame because it looked like his next version was going to not only allow multiple profiles but also have profiles include different amounts of sensors.

Madmatt