cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Major Issue with the Rift...

sdplayer
Expert Protege

Vertigo!

Now, I'd like to think of myself as being no wuss but I've yet to get up the nerve to walk to the edge of the ledge and look down over the city during the Dreamdeck sequence -  the effect is that convincing!

I've done over a dozen parachute jumps in my time but I've never experienced vertigo the way I feel it in that scene. I even have to be sitting down while I do it as I honestly fear blacking out.

Anyone else experience vertigo while using the Rift, or am I really just a wuss (:

3 REPLIES 3

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Ya just a wuss lol stand up be that man u always wanted to be. One parachute jump here what a rush-work prevented me taking it up as a hobby 😕

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Love that demo - you may or may not want to look into "The Climb" - mountain climbing in VR can be intense, but very satisfying when reaching the top!

Greyman
Superstar
The reptilian brain in you is very strong it would appear.  That's the part of the brain that reacts very strongly to perceived threats to your existence and as what you see is a very big part of what you perceive, your reptilian brain kicks in

it can be very tough to ignore