cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus app isn't starting up, when I try to start it, an error pops up, why?

thunderdude18
Sightseer
Recently, I have been having a problem with Oculus, Every time I try to start Oculus an error pops up saying "Your Oculus software might be updating. Please wait a minute and try again. If the issue continues, contact Oculus Support." This has been happening since yesterday.
26 REPLIES 26

OneMintyMoose
Explorer
Go into microsoft services, find "Oculus VR Runtime Service" and either start, or restart the service.  If that doesn't work try restarting your computer, I'm kind of in the same boat except for some reason that simple fix I knew isn't working.

AztecScribe
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue now. Any fixes available? I have restarted the service and restarted my PC but the problem persists.

BaZhAnG
Honored Guest
me too!

BBernes
Protege
Just got the Your Oculus software might be updating error and nothing works.

BaZhAnG
Honored Guest
was about to start a VR game and this damn thing happens

VirHar
Honored Guest
Yep got the same error - Software might be updating. It worked fine 20 hours ago and nothing has been updated or reinstalled on my PC.......I'm reinstalling Oculus soft to see if it helps.

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege
It's because of an expired certificate (March 7th 2018, 1 PM), unfortunately. We'll have to wait for Oculus to fix, or you can temporarily change the date of your PC to something before that date then restart your PC.

EDIT: Removed time change workaround as it may have negative consequences with other applications.

VirHar
Honored Guest
Yep I can confirm that reinstall didn't fix it - Thank Beyondinfinity for pointing it out. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

VRWorld001
Honored Guest
yep got the same errors on both PCs...yesterday was running without issues
Please help