cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Vive arrived this afternoon!

Anonymous
Not applicable
And, whilst I'd love to tell you all how amazeballs it is, the simple fact is that I haven't managed to get it set up yet!

Got home from work this afternoon. Frantically started to get it all put together. And found out I'd bought the wrong bloody display adaptor! So it's all sitting here ready to go, lighthouses connected without a hitch, wands charged up and ready, but can't actually use the thing.

Ordered the (hopefully) correct one from Amazon and it's arriving tomorrow. So maybe then I'll get to give it a blast 🙂 It's all set up and ready to go apart from that.

And yes, I know I should have probably posted this on a Vive thread, but thought you'd all enjoy a laugh at my stupidity!
64 REPLIES 64

SlimBoyFat
Adventurer
Glad you finally got it but sucks that it's a dead weight until you receive the new adaptor!
Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB GDDR5 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster TX | Occulus Rift DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, sucks big time. But it's my own stupid fault. I bought the display adaptor weeks ago, but never thought to check it 😛

Luciferous
Consultant
Good Stuff, hope you have fun. I found the Lab amazing even with just an old pair of hydras.

Synthetic
Rising Star
steam discussions are almost as bad as "channel 4" 

DLC1
Expert Protege

notsram said:

And, whilst I'd love to tell you all how amazeballs it is, the simple fact is that I haven't managed to get it set up yet!

Got home from work this afternoon. Frantically started to get it all put together. And found out I'd bought the wrong bloody display adaptor! So it's all sitting here ready to go, lighthouses connected without a hitch, wands charged up and ready, but can't actually use the thing.

Ordered the (hopefully) correct one from Amazon and it's arriving tomorrow. So maybe then I'll get to give it a blast 🙂 It's all set up and ready to go apart from that.

And yes, I know I should have probably posted this on a Vive thread, but thought you'd all enjoy a laugh at my stupidity!

Id love to here your thoughts on vive when you get it set up.... I have a rift preorder but may cancel soon and buy vive.....I got to demo vive last summer and i was amazed with it to the point I swore id be first in line, I preordered rift thinking id get it a lot earlier but have been really questioning if I made a good decision because that's just how great vive was, I think you are going to love it.

KLOWN2
Protege
I think i am satisfied with HTC VIVE enough that I don't need Oculus vr since it is delivered incomplete anyways I ordered the AuraVisor instead of the Oculus but I will keep the order for now to see what happens with the bullshit pre-orders until maybe I might get lucky and the touch controllers will come out at the same time they deliver my unit never know.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Nice one OP you've well documented your progress and now you're at the last hurdle. 

@KLOWN2 - hey nice to see a fellow AuraVisor backer. Still waiting for James to ship these out. I really wonder how it will compare to the Vive and Rift Gear VR quality wise.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DLC1 said:

notsram said:

Id love to here your thoughts on vive when you get it set up.... I have a rift preorder but may cancel soon and buy vive.....I got to demo vive last summer and i was amazed with it to the point I swore id be first in line, I preordered rift thinking id get it a lot earlier but have been really questioning if I made a good decision because that's just how great vive was, I think you are going to love it.

My new cable is arriving today. So hopefully I'll be ready to go this evening. Everything else is set up. Was a doddle to install - lighthouses connected first time (without the sync cable) and wands paired up by themselves. I just haven't been able to test the headset yet. Hopefully just a matter of plugging the cable in and I'm away.

I'm off work on Thursday and Friday, so will have plenty of time to test it. Will try and post something in the Vive review thread.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
What games you got lined up?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.