cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NA Processing (65XXX and up)

nathanisnerd
Honored Guest
So now that people up to 64XXX in NA are starting to receive their processing emails, I guess this is the new waiting thread for the rest of us?
To about a month of waiting! Huzzah!
388 REPLIES 388

Darkdevildog
Honored Guest
"sebastianp" wrote:
I got order numbrer 69xxx and nothing yet!!!! how can this be?
Placed my order the 31st of August.

I think it's because Oculus ships their products in batches across different regions but won't ship to that specific region until a certain number of Rifts are ordered (presumable to save money shipping bulk).

PVS1
Explorer
this thread's posts for the last NA batch had processing on sept 26 and began shipping october 2. i think that monday is a fair guess for shipping, based on that.

the first shipping post here was from someone on the east coast (said it was scheduled for oct 8). since it ships from california if you are closer you dont wait as long. i think people in california only had to wait like 2 days of shipping.

sebastianp
Honored Guest
"Darkdevildog" wrote:
"sebastianp" wrote:

I think it's because Oculus ships their products in batches across different regions but won't ship to that specific region until a certain number of Rifts are ordered (presumable to save money shipping bulk).

That means that because I live in Chile, were I think not more than 10 people have ever bought a Oculus Rift I might have to wait a year until other 10 people buy one??
That doesn't seem fair at all. Is funny how the have no problem receiving payment in advance but wont ship for moths just to save a few of dollars, I would be happy to pay extra to get it soon.

I think that they don't get that to them it might just be another development kit but to the guy on the other end it is a big deal.

yahknow1
Protege
"sebastianp" wrote:
"Darkdevildog" wrote:
"sebastianp" wrote:

That means that because I live in Chile, were I think not more than 10 people have ever bought a Oculus Rift I might have to wait a year until other 10 people buy one??
That doesn't seem fair at all. Is funny how the have no problem receiving payment in advance but wont ship for moths just to save a few of dollars, I would be happy to pay extra to get it soon.

I think that they don't get that to them it might just be another development kit but to the guy on the other end it is a big deal.

You might consider buying a used one from ebay? Also, there have been two of them for sale here on the forums lately, maybe this would be a better option, again, if you could work out the shipping cost with the seller?
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X

geort45
Honored Guest
"sebastianp" wrote:

Hola Amigo!

Seems I'm not alone them, almost same day as you, still nothing... and I live in Mexico. I asked Oculus and supposedly they treat NA region as "The Americas", I thought that implied the whole continent... still waiting, 2 months is too much 😞

sebastianp
Honored Guest
The way I see it is that I fulfilled my side of the deal by paying in advance for my kit, and now is time for them to fulfill their side, I don't want to go and buy yet another used kit, do they seriously expect me to wait 3 month to get my kit?? I thing this is over a bit the top!!

There is people that order a month after me and they are getting their kits sooner.

This is why paying in advance is always bad business.

cd66312
Honored Guest
To be fair, we all knew what we were getting into before placing our orders, I understand the frustration, but it seems a bit misplaced.

sebastianp
Honored Guest
"cd66312" wrote:
To be fair, we all knew what we were getting into before placing our orders, I understand the frustration, but it seems a bit misplaced.

I can see where you are coming from, I spected to wait a bit longer than the rest, is common that sudamericans don't get priority (I say this because of amount of orders and potential market, not because of racial implications of course) but I looked around and the average wait was about 1 month And I thought 2 month tops. Now I come to realize that it will be more like 3 and I admit I'm very frustrated. I want to develop for business aplications and this waits are holding me back. Not that I won't be gaming too...

BedShark
Honored Guest
Now I'm anxious about shipping... The site said usually 2-3 days and can take 2 weeks. That's a huge estimate.

Does it really take 2-3 days on average? It's been 3 days so now I am worried. ;_;

Frito
Explorer
"sebastianp" wrote:
"Darkdevildog" wrote:
"sebastianp" wrote:

Sebastian si hubieras leido un poco sabrias que todo esto que te estas quejando era asi... No necesitan mas ordenes de Chile, sino de America latina.

Saludos!

"BedShark" wrote:
Now I'm anxious about shipping... The site said usually 2-3 days and can take 2 weeks. That's a huge estimate.

Does it really take 2-3 days on average? It's been 3 days so now I am worried. ;_;

More like 2 weeks i would say...
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey