cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTHUSIM HMD Software

IllLouMalnatis
Honored Guest
Hi,

I've been reading conflicting information about this. It seems people already have the software, but the order page says, 'pre-order'. Is this available for download yet? If I preorder it off of their website, will I get a download link?

Also, Does it warp Tridef dx11 3D Games?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Vin
Explorer
A cursory glance at the site shows there is an early access testing program going on.

I don't see any technical details about how exactly it works, at least not just from a glance, but I don't think you'd run it and Tridef at the same time.

IllLouMalnatis
Honored Guest
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

Nimryal
Protege
A beta program for the NTHUSIM HMD Software is available and was open to anyone who pre-ordered. However, they are expecting to release a new version soon and are not adding any new users to the beta program until the new version is released.

Note that the software is currently a very early beta version. It provides the pre-warping and side-by-side views necessary for the rift, but does not yet include S3D or head tracking. It does claim support for DX7-11.1 and OpenGL. NTHUSIM seems to specialize in support for simulation type games, so they get a lot of feedback from fans of racing games and flight simulators. They are an especially good company to follow if you prefer simulation games, but the injector is not limited to this type of game.

I will be happy to post back to this thread once the beta is open again or you can track the status on the NTHUSIM forum.

geekmaster
Protege
According to my paypal account they took my money more than a year ago. Awhile back I requested a refund, but I did not hear back from them. I wanted it so I would be able to use it with my new Rift immediately, while waiting for REAL Rift apps to develop. I have had my Rift since before GDC2013, and there is a lot of stuff out their now including things like Virieo Perception, VorpX, and Deskope, and the TriDef drivers, so the Nthusim beta is like WAY late to the party, and they charge admission a year in advance.

I still want my refund. I gave them my paypal transaction number. How do I proceed to get that refund now that they sat on my money for an entire year, while their target audience moved on to free alternatives that may be much more complete than their beta?

EDIT: I just went through my paypal account history. No refund. This would have been useful about a half year ago, perhaps...