cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Vireio Perception!

Syaoranoni
Honored Guest
PLEASE NOTE: MY RIFT HASN'T ARRIVED YET, THIS COULD BE THE CAUSE.

I downloaded the latest version of Vireio Perception, just to see what it could be like, even though I had pretty low expectations, and ran it as administrator, as is suggested. I then opened Steam as administrator (also suggested) and launched Left 4 Dead 2. Left 4 Dead 2 looked exactly the same on my monitor, even in game, so I exited. Since then, I have tried every setting I could find in Vireio Perception, tried not running them as administrator, etc.

Since Left 4 Dead 2 is the only supported game that I own on PC, I can't really try it on another game. Also, I'm not sure if I downloaded the wrong version of Vireio Perception.

As stated before, my Rift hasn't arrived. I don't know if plugging in the Rift plays a part in the way that Vireio runs.

Thanks in advance.
Oh, the brutal wait until Christmas. Downloading leagues of demos to make the wait less agonising.
3 REPLIES 3

Slopey
Honored Guest
You don't just run it. You'll need to replace the d3d files in the game directory with the perception ones for it to work.

Syaoranoni
Honored Guest
Thanks. I couldn't seem to find anything on the subject. I probably wasn't looking hard enough.
Oh, the brutal wait until Christmas. Downloading leagues of demos to make the wait less agonising.

lilwolf
Expert Protege
Also, you could ask/look in the official forum

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=141

And it shouldn't make a difference if your rift has arrived. It works without.