cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negligent Oculus Support Staff Sweep Legitimate Concerns Under Rug

Graphic
Explorer
I just wanted to publicly document an email conversation which transpired between Oculus Support staff and I. They have currently ignored me for over 2 weeks after responding multiple times in one day.
I patiently played along, providing the ridiculous details requested of me and they have effectively ignored my claim, neglecting their responsibility to assist a customer with a legitimate concern.
 Please see the following transcript detailing Oculus Support's lack of morals and decide for yourself whether they're being fair or not:

**NOTE: writing in bold brackets [like this] are notes I added in or personal information I replaced for my own safety

"[me]
Jan 26, 8:35 AM PST 
request #468111 "controller strap bad quality" [<--- this is what the ticket is actually about, not corrosion]
I don't understand why you would need pictures but ok
as you can see, the straps have fallen out of the controllers. Also, why does the battery compartment become so corroded so quick?

Kathryne (Oculus Support)
Jan 26, 12:20 PM PST 
Hey,
Thanks for getting back to us.
Can you take a picture showing the corrosion you are referencing?
Best regards,
Kathryne
Oculus Support

[me]
Jan 26, 12:25 PM PST 
No you already got your picture that this ticket is actually about Let’s not get off subject here

Kathryne (Oculus Support)
Jan 26, 12:32 PM PST 
Hi,
We want to ensure your products are in best condition so you get the best possible performance. A picture showing the corrosion you are referencing will be very beneficial here, as this will allow us to look into this further for you.
Have a great day,
Kathryne
Oculus Support

[me]
Jan 26, 12:36 PM PST 
Corrosion has nothing to do with these wrist straps breaking as corrosion only occurs after a week or two without use, aka when I stop using it because the strap has broken.

Jane (Oculus Support)
Jan 26, 2:47 PM PST 
Hi [me],
I am sorry to hear the wrist straps have broken off and we can definitely look into all available options for you.
Your original request mentioned you have 4 sets of controllers and almost all the straps are broken, how many controllers are missing straps?
In order for us to look into the corrosion issue you're describing, we will need to see an image of this. Can you please provide us with an image of the corrosion? [Keep in mind this is their THIRD TIME demanding I send a picture about a separate issue which I have declined to provide twice already]
Also, can we get the serial numbers of the controllers?
I look forward to your reply,
Jane
Oculus Support

[me]
Jan 26, 3:05 PM PST 
My god u guys are needy hold on. Honestly I don’t give a damn about the corrosion issue. Just drop it. But I will send the serial #s
[sent serial #'s here]
Those are all controllers w broken straps

Jane (Oculus Support)
Jan 26, 3:23 PM PST 
Hey [me],
We appreciate you sending us this information.
I was able to pull up the receipt information from your ticket history, However, controller [serial] is showing as being purchased from another retailer other than Best Buy.
Do you have the receipt from this purchase?
Also, can you provide us with your full name, address and phone number? [trolling me at this point because I said "my god u guys are needy"]
Thank you,
Jane
Oculus Support

[me]
Jan 26, 4:02 PM PST 
I certainly can provide that information for you [I decide to play along]
here is a copy+paste of my receipt from Amazon where I purchased the controllers:
[pasted full Amazon receipt here]
My full name is [full name]
As you can see above, my current address is [address]
Phone number: [number]
Should I give you my social, mail you the original copy of my birth certificate next? Or are you going to stop trolling and actually help me? [a valid question]

Jane (Oculus Support)
Jan 26, 4:20 PM PST [keep in mind, all correspondence up to this point transpired just since the morning of Jan 26th]
Hello [me],
Thanks for the quick reply.
Please give some time to review the information you have sent.
We appreciate your patience and will be in touch as soon as we have more information.
Thank you,
Jane
Oculus Support

Greetings, [I receive this seemingly automated message with no timestamp or representative name 3 days later]
Thanks for reaching out to Oculus Support.
We sincerely apologize that we have not yet had time to review your case.
At this time, we have a larger volume of tickets than usual. Your ticket will be handled in the order it was received.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Regards,

It’s all good do your thing [keep my cool though]

On Jan 29, 2018, at 7:14 PM, "support@oculusvr.com" <support@oculusvr.com> wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Greetings,
Thanks for reaching out to Oculus Support.
We sincerely apologize that we have not yet had time to review your case.
At this time, we have a larger volume of tickets than usual. Your ticket will be handled in the order it was received.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Regards,

On Feb 2, 2018, at 9:05 AM, [me] wrote: 
Ok, it's been a few day. Any updates for me? [a few days later, no response]
On Feb 6, 2018, at 11:33 AM, [me] wrote:
It's been a week since I've received a response - please provide current status of my ticket. [one week after last contact still no response]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That leads us to today, still with no response. It is obvious that they have decided to ignore my claim.

This is unscrupulous and totally unfair to me, a customer with a legitimate concern. They've essentially swept it all under the rug leaving me with no options. It is immoral for any company to allow this level of negligence to occur.

What can/should be done about this?
15 REPLIES 15

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
Please provide pictures of the corrosion to Oculus support. All of our tickets are being held up because of you...lol

LZoltowski
Champion
One thing I have learned with Support with many companies if you lose your cool with them things can take longer than they should.

So what was your issue? You have 4 touch controllers and all 4 of them have broken straps?

(I wont ask about the corroded battery compartment in fear of being shouted at) 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two questions:

1) How the FUCK have you managed to break the straps on 4 Touch controllers? You know that you're not SUPPOSED to let go of the controllers, right? 😄

2) Why on earth are you dealing with Oculus support staff if you bought them from Amazon?

One thing I have learned with Support with many companies if you lose your cool with them things can take longer than they should.

So what was your issue? You have 4 touch controllers and all 4 of them have broken straps?

(I wont ask about the corroded battery compartment in fear of being shouted at) 🙂

Corrosion.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

elboffor
Consultant
In fairness, if you leave them in a sauna then they are going to get weak and corrode
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks like your ticket was in the front of the queue, but I understand it's been some time. Please expect a response soon and thanks for your patience. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Honestly, reading the stuff you post, the problem seems to be you, not them. You described two issues in your original message, corrosion of the battery compartment and the straps. They are trying to help you with both. You decline to provide the information they require to help you and then proceed to call them trolls and whatnot..

yeah..Guess the issue is really them :neutral:

Graphic
Explorer
That wasn’t the initial message, I excluded it due to length.

Obviously none of you have worked in customer service. 95% of interactions are with angry customers. They are trained for this type of situation.

Oculus immediately responded once I posted this and righted their wrongs, which is exactly what any respectable company would have done. 

I knew there would only be Oculus fanboys responding to this because it seems that is what this forum is composed of, but anywho I will return to my normal life now that my goal was achieved and you guys can get back under the table @ the Oculus offices

Syrellaris
Rising Star

Graphic said:

That wasn’t the initial message, I excluded it due to length.

Obviously none of you have worked in customer service. 95% of interactions are with angry customers. They are trained for this type of situation.

Oculus immediately responded once I posted this and righted their wrongs, which is exactly what any respectable company would have done. 

I knew there would only be Oculus fanboys responding to this because it seems that is what this forum is composed of, but anywho I will return to my normal life now that my goal was achieved and you guys can get back under the table @ the Oculus offices

Goodluck in kindergarten, you seem to be needing it still.