cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support

Hi everyone -

I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Ryanality, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderators, of course) will now be your go-to person to reach out to on all forum related issues and questions, and he’ll be overseeing all future forum improvements, changes, and activity from within our Facebook Reality Labs team. I’ve had a good run overseeing these forums, but it’s time to pass the torch on to someone who can give this community the time and love it deserves. Ryan is that person, and we’re thrilled to have him!

Moving from Vanilla to Khoros and adding Ryan as a new dedicated community manager are just the first steps we’re taking in making sure this community is a great place to be. We’re excited to continue this journey with you all and thank you for your feedback, engagement, and patience along the way.

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to Ryan!

See you in VR,

Showbiz

33 REPLIES 33

Thanks

heskavich
Honored Guest

Hi Ryan can you give us an update on why Oculus isn't working this evening? most of the internet says Oculus is broken. 

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey heskavich, sorry I missed this, I was off for the weekend. I hope everything is working for you already, but I'll check it out to see if there's anything going on.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Can you confirm a response to the PM?

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Hey kevinw729, I got your message, I'll try to check it out today.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

TheFishPuncher
Protege

Speaking of community, Does Oculus have any plans to give any updates to all the Rift S users that have been abandoned? Whole nice big group of us that are being told our devices are now paperweights the moment they drop out of warranty without warning because they are "unsupported" and "unfixable"?
The device that, up until earlier this year it was apparently fine to still sell and squeeze that last bit of $$$ out of the money before you discontinue it and jump ship without any plans to support that community at all? Unless the goal was to set my expectation that the products are only intended to last about a year and a half or less like mine did and we probably shouldn't be investing in them....in which case it seems like that message was really put across well.....

Congrats Ryan... Here's something you might be able to help with...A few days ago a 'game' DEEP

was highlighted on Bloomberg TV evening news.  It was a fascinating mental 'game'.

I found DEEP online and it suggested that it could be purchased through Oculus Store and Steam, which after checking them was nowhere to be found, and writing in to you all,  it was suggested I find the creator and check with them, which I did.

I found Explore Deep on Facebook, wrote to them twice,  asking where I could purchase this 'game' and got no response either time,  and both my inquiries just disappeared from that site. <smile>  They have 'upgraded' the original game, according to their site, and I'd certainly like to find out where I can purchase a copy of the upgraded version...

If there was an Original Game-- and I notice it was highlighted on many sites, and it's been 'upgraded',  than surely it must be available somewhere..  Can you help?  Thank you.  Frances

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

The new Announcements and Releases forum is awesome. Great organizing of important news. Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

OATLive
Honored Guest

Thank you for this information. Excited to see the community grow!😍

OATLive