cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Motion Seat from YAW

kevinw729
Level 15
Another motion system for immersive entertainment with the new Yaw2 - the questions has to be, as with Virtuix, will this be a platform first for commercial entertainment VR, and then for home?

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
29 REPLIES 29

snowdog
Level 16

**bleep**!!! Since when did they decide to censor swearwords? Bollocks. **bleep**. **bleep**. Piss. Wankers. Buggery. **bleep**.

Just a test to see what words I can get away with lol 😂😂😂

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

snowdog
Level 16

Seems I can use those four words what a load of buggering pissing wank. Bollocks.

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

snowdog
Level 16

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Zenbane
Level 16

Back in the early days, I probably would have dismissed something like this since it is such a stationary experience. Back then, we all relied on tethered experiences and physical external tracking systems. So having a big seat in the middle of a dedicated Home VR room would be rather limiting; in terms of having to move it out of the way anytime you wanted to enjoy a standing experience (especially those that require lots of movement with our limbs, roomscale, etc).

Now, however, with the success of Quest 2 and it's tetherless tracking system, I have to say... this doesn't look so far fetched after all!

I could easily see this being used in an entertainment room; especially since it has multiple purposes beyond just VR. Going from Star Wars air battles to Home Office to attending a Virtual Course... that's very enticing CONSIDERING I can also get off the chair, walk to another room, and engage in Fitness VR (Boxing, Beat Saber) or some quality gaming entertainment (Asgard's Wrath, Lone Echo, etc). And all without ever having to take off the VR HMD ala Quest 2's passthrough features, inside-out tracking, and tetherless PCVR capabilities.

I suppose the Kickstarter folks realize this quite well, which is why they feature Quest 2 in their advertising.

It's very tempting indeed. Although due to the general history of VR Kickstarters (looking at you, Pimax), I will likely wait until this hits the mainstream consumer market to make any investment.

Does look great for sims - including Squadrons 😮. Looking forward to your review 🤓 - but ordering a "chair" like that sure gotta be extremely expensive in shipping, lol - and Customs may not find it hard to notice a box looking like someone is trying to import a baby elephant 

RuneSR2_3-1619251963318.png

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

snowdog
Level 16

Yup, it's $75 for the chair and $155 for delivery lol

But it does look the dog's bollocks lmfao 😲😂😂😂

snowdog
Level 16

I asked them a couple of questions last night:

"Me: 

Congrats guys! Over half a million dollars in next to no time!

Just a couple of questions if you can find the time?

1) Does the shipping cost include any Customs fees or will we need to pay that as an additional cost at our end on delivery? And will the courier service you're using charge an extra fee for UK deliveries due to Brexit?

2) Are you going to add any Stretch Goals at all?

Cheers, and congrats again!

Yaw: 

Hi Harvey, thank you and thank 🙂

Unfortunately the custom fees and local taxes are not included, but we are going to do the best to keep those extra costs as low as possible (what we can do is depending on the number of preorders from that country (in your case from UK) So keep in touch and we will update you when we are more close to the end of the campaign

Yes we are planning to add some stretch goals, honestly we didn't expect this intense start 🙂 so we thought we have a little time to think about that"

I think they were shocked at how crazy things were lol 😂

They've reached $719,000 so far 😲

Hope they can get their delivery prices down though! Because they're quite ridiculous, the thing only weighs 50kg or so.

But 50 kg is extremely heavy - when you pass 20 kg it usually gets incredibly expensive. My local post office won't accept packages weighing more than 20 kg - then they'd ask me to call a freight company, lol. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

snowdog
Level 16

Just realised that Kickstarter add a 5% fee plus 3-5% transaction fee too.

Hope they can get the shipping price down, if HMRC charge me more than 5% in Customs fees then I might have to ditch that lovely chair lol

kevinw729
Level 15

kevinw729_0-1619367051440.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2euZrKVPGk

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959