cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Motion Seat from YAW

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Another motion system for immersive entertainment with the new Yaw2 - the questions has to be, as with Virtuix, will this be a platform first for commercial entertainment VR, and then for home?

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
44 REPLIES 44

Is it me, or is that cable sticking right in to his body??

Zenbane_0-1619376832780.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the start of SkyNet. Yaw have made an ultra realistic android. Shame it still needs to be plugged in. Shame? Probably a good job. 😂😂😂

I've just had a look at my mobile phone. Still not September yet. I'm thinking of doing a Cartman and freezing myself like he did with the Wii launch lol 😲😂 🧊

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Yaw guys have now reduced the shipping price for those in the UK, Norway and Switzerland. But because the Kickstarter system isn't set up to do this after a pledge has been made the Yaw guys will be refunding the difference. The delivery price for the Yaw and Yaw Platform has come down from $440 to $210 😲

And someone that works in the UK Customs has told them how to avoid paying duty on it and because it's a PC peripheral it should be tariff free so all I'll be paying is VAT at this end.

I'm still debating whether to add the chair again or not. The chair DOES look the dog's bollocks but it's expensive for what it is. The chair must have been used the most by the guys at Yaw so the motor in the thing must be ideally suited to be used with it.

I COULD just get a cheapo 70 or 80 quid one from Amazon but a lot of these cheap ones have everything connected to the plate at the bottom and if you remove the plate at the bottom the chair back won't stay connected lol 😂😂😂

I think I might contact some of these chair manufacturers directly and see what they say.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so I'm all in now lol. Thought I'd be okay just getting the Yaw 2, the Taw Platform and the Yaw Platform Pro Upgrade for 360 degrees play because I thought the Yaw 2 had a USB connection on the back somewhere to plug an extension cable into but apparently not. You need the Yaw 2 Pro Upgrade too, which costs $400 😮

Decided to go the whole hog and go for the seat too.

So now I'm for $2390. 😮 😄

And now I've gone for a Yaw 2 Pro I can have a full choice of colours:

251cf2fbe6eab56f6aeff5d757f80487_original.png

Am torn between the all black one and the red and black one!!! 😮 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

They've now added Stretch Goals to the Kickstarter, first one will be useful, second and third ones are a bit pants 😂 and the last one sounds AWESOME (assuming that it works of course!) 😂😎😁😎😂

9a8f57111d1b75ac7d0d94747cb5de2f_original.png

A bit disappointing as far as Stretch Goals goes though tbh.

I can see this selling all the way through the Kickstarter campaign length though so it's going to be interesting to see what else they come up with. This might break 2m sales before it finishes, perhaps..? 😲

Let's keep it simple - it's commercial and for a few lucky single men of leisure.

Then again, there aren't that many commercial outlets either.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Over 630 backers the last I looked. That's a lot of single men! 😎😁😎

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, over 620 backers (623!).

I think the Yaw guys must be in shock at the amount they've raised so far. Going to be interesting to see how much they get to in another 32 days time. 😲

I'd be tempted to move my office to the Cayman Islands if I was running the company!!! 😝😎😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, so they reached their $1.2m Stretch Goal on Thursday 6th May at around 3:10pm or so. I've been keeping my eye on the total and an hour or so ago they reached $1.3m. So that's over a hundred thousand smackeroonies in under 60 hours. If they keep raising money at this rate they'll end up raising another $1.1m before the end of the Kickstarter!!! 😮

Anonymous
Not applicable

New video of the Yaw 2 in action with Forza Horizon:

https://youtu.be/B9bDv3rXVVE

I'm guessing that there's a PC SKU of Forza Horizon available at the Windows Microsoft Store..?