cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forum Dark Mode

kojack
MVP
MVP

Here's a Dark Mode theme for the new Oculus forums.

https://github.com/rajetic/oculusforumtool

It still needs work, there's problems with the search screen and the post editing panel is quite broken. But I thought people would like a chance to try out what I've got so far.

Most pages of the forum are supported, it should be fine for reading. Just not searching and posting yet.

This was developed in Vivaldi using the Stylus plugin. I've tested it in Firefox, Edge and Chrome too, but not extensively. All seem to work the same.

This is a user.css file. It needs a plugin like Stylus to activate.

installation

In the Stylus Manage screen, click on the gear icon on the Oculus Forum Dark Mode line to get settings for the theme. You can turn on/off signatures and thread previews, and stretch the forum content to fill the width of your browser.

Some preview pics:

Forum Threads-Old.png

Forum Threads-New.png

Forum Posts-Old.png

Forum Posts-New.png

Forum Boards-Old.png

Forum Boards-New.png

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
1 REPLY 1

kojack
MVP
MVP

I've been playing with greasemonkey a bit today, and I might have a partial solution to seeing if new posts have been made to threads you've already seen. I've got it recording reply count every time you visit a thread. Then when viewing the thread list for a board it checks each one's reply cont against the recorded value for that thread. If they don't match (new replies added since you last looked), it changes the thread title colour.

I may be able to get it to also notice threads with new replies since the first time the thread appears in the list, even if you haven't gone into the thread.

This isn't possible in CSS like the Dark Mode, so this one would be a separate script using Greasemonkey/TamperMonkey addons.

I REALLY hate javascript and the DOM.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2