cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

313 REPLIES 313

snowdog
Level 15

Plus I'm Level 1 with all of the peasants instead of having, what I think I'm correctly remembering, the third biggest e-peen on the forums. 😂

I DEMAND a return to my superior status over everybody apart from Zenbane and Cyber!!!! 😲😂

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Yup - those very small emojis are very hard to see on a PC monitor - I have to get really close to the monitor 🤓

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Netheri
Level 7

@ShowbizDonkey  Are we getting the personal messages which we had in the old platform? They're the only thing I need from these forums.

i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Good call on the ranks. I just fixed them - one of the qualifications for higher ranks was number of logins to the forums, which didn't make a ton of sense to me since you would just have to login a bunch in order to get your otherwise earned rank.

Side note: looks like I need to add more ranks!

RuneSR2
Level 15

Also the number of posts per page has been reduced. The Index Thread is now nearly 200 pages - I liked the old number of posts per page a lot better. Way too many pages to navigate otherwise.

But the new search function actually works - before I often had to use Google to find the right threads in here - now I got the Index Thread the first time searching for it - awesome 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

If you're talking about your private messages that you had previously sent and received, no those were not able to be transferred. I mentioned this would be the case in the original platform transition announcement. If you're talking about just sending PMs to other users, that functionality should be enabled.

Yeah I mean the old personal messages from other platform. Well, that's a pity. 

i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Level 15

Would also be nice if we automatically got jumped to the latest post we've read in a thread - like in the old forum. Having to start on page 1 is not great for big threads, also if these evolve quickly. 

RuneSR2
Level 15

It's 23:40 over here - can't wait to see what's happened in here when I wake up in the morning 👍👌🍀🤞

I'm sure I'll be dreaming about posting tons of new cool images! 😉

Test: Embedded YouTube Vids:

https://youtu.be/5q6BcQq_yhw

Ok, I'll be dreaming about posting tons of YouTube vids too that play like on the old forum - and Twitter stuff too 🙂

Netheri
Level 7

I see there isn't proper user blocking/ignoring also on the new forums. That's a huge pity too. 😉