cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

303 REPLIES 303

Yeah, sorting by newest first helps. Plus, I mainly focus on using the notifications screen. It takes me where I need to go and lets me start reading from where I left off.

Ah doh, should have checked there first 🙂

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi all - just jumping in with another quick update. We have enabled permissions for embedding YouTube videos for all members, so that should work properly now. You should also have some additional basic HTML options when composing posts, comments, or signatures. Please let me know if you're still having trouble with any of that.

Also wanted to let you know that we are actively working on the post sorting issue, where "Recent Activity" is being sorted by top level post date rather than recent comment activity. We hope to have that updated soon so that comments on posts will bubble posts back up, similar to how it worked on the old forums. Will continue to look into / work on all of the other items I've mentioned in previous comments. As always, thanks for the great feedback!

ElusiveMarlin
Level 7

Thanks for getting this new Forum up and running. so far, so good. much easier on the eye!

RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

RuneSR2
Level 16

Test:

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2
Level 16

Nice, thanks @ShowbizDonkey - vids can now be inserted - really great!

But the url isn't recognized automatically - you need to press the "insert video" button. This means we've still literally got thousands of threads with vids not showing. 

Would be great if the YouTube url automatically is recognized (in large format), but this is a great start! 

RuneSR2_0-1614954415273.png

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB

huliqan
Level 4

Can I rollback to old Forum interface ?

And Where new Topics of new v.26 and PTC v.27 Oculus Software ?☹️

Digikid1
Level 12

Also having to log in EVERY SINGLE TIME is getting quite old and fast.

Could be fine with <small> (html code) too, if it lets me write my full signature 

RuneSR2_0-1615039992289.png

Admit it, you're just jealous of my new badge:

20210306_210451.jpg

RuneSR2_0-1615061491310.png