cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

314 REPLIES 314

Perfect! 

RuneSR2_1-1615397201864.pngRuneSR2_0-1615397192609.png

- finally this place starts to feel like home!

RuneSR2_2-1615397239233.png

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Confirming that signature improvements and recent activity sorting based on comment activity rather than just topic date should both be implemented for everyone now. Please let me know if you have any further feedback on these topics or if either is still acting up for you all.

Richooal
Level 12

@ShowbizDonkey 

Using the original "new forum" signature dialog, with no fancy HTML adjustment, I was able to get 2 lines of text in my signature.

With the current "fix" I now get a separator line (very nice) but only 1.5 lines of text.

Image1.jpg

My question then is...........

For me to get a reasonable signature, on a forum provided by one of the largest software developing companies in the world, do I now have to go and learn HTML?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I think the idea is that your signature is just 2 lines of plain text with no html code. Your sig seems to have some html in it... The strikethrough and quotes are showing up as html (at least it is when i look at it). i think if you have some html in it, you'll also need to include the code for text size and line spacing (just guessing). Try retyping your sig in plain text.

Edit: can someone else add a plain 2 line signature and post a comment here to compare?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

Strike through and quotes removed (was put there in old forum). Still looks the same with no formatting.

Edit: the forum signature software puts the &quot thing back in. I just used ".

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I'm still working on the new dark mode addon. Should be nearly ready.

Some preview pics:

dark2.png

dark1.png

dark3.png

Signatures are smaller and greyed out. They can be turned off with a checkbox too.

Thread previews can be turned off.

Pinned threads are in a different colour.

Mods and Admins have different coloured names, but currently only in posts, not the thread view.

The kudos panel has had its broken formatting fixed.

You can stretch threads/posts to fill the width of the screen, instead of being a narrow block in the middle.

There's stuff I want to do, but I'm using CSS alone for this, more advanced things would need greasemonkey/tampermonkey javascript.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Looks like kojack's sig has the same issue so this still needs fixing. I'll leave yours as it is for now Richooal so showbiz can see the problem if that's OK.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

Richooal
Level 12

@DaftnDirect 

Yes, I'm happy to leave it. Better for it to work natively than be artificially induced. Thanks.

RuneSR2
Level 15

Also note that while fixing the PC website interface and options, the phone access also needs fixing. 

Now I can add vids to a post using my PC - but I cannot using my phone (without forcing full website access, otherwise the add video button is missing on the phone). 

Also my sig is shown just fine in here using a PC - but not on my phone. 

So much work, so little time 😉

Btw. had great trouble adding vids to a post today - got an error about a wrong link when trying to preview a YouTube vid, but I just kept clicking Preview, and after maybe 2-10 clicks it worked. Strange. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I noticed after fixing my sig on PC, it still didn’t quite work on my iPad (not the mobile version of the site). The text window is a little narrower, so my first line wrapped to my second, and bumped the rest off the bottom. Had to reduce my text size a little to make it fit.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2