cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

290 REPLIES 290

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Echoing @DaftnDirect, we definitely implemented changes to the login system a couple weeks back so that nobody should need to login every single time. I'll double check the config on our side, but you may want to try clearing your cache / cookies to see if that helps. I don't think I've been asked to re-login in over a week at this point, though I pretty much always have the forums open in pinned tab.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

yeah, I don't think I've had to login on my PC this week but I could be wrong. I use 3 devices and a VPN so losing track of when a login's needed.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.964)

Thanks Daft and Showbiz. I'll clear out my browser stuff and see if that helps.

I still have to login multiple times a day. Usually after closing the forums for a bit and opening back up again.

Just cleaned out all temp files earlier today to resolve not being able to login on Chrome.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |

Ya, same here mate.  Re-logging in is getting to be a real pita imho.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.

LapinFou14
Level 4

Same issue with Firefox 86.0.1 + uBlock Origin

It is doing the same thing on my work laptop (Win 10 Pro 64 Bits) and my personal laptop (Win 10 Home 64bits).

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I just had my first login issue since it was fixed a few weeks ago. I was asked to link my account, but then returned to the forum without being logged in. had to go through the process three or four times before it took, even though I was showing as logged in on the main Oculus site.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

I am trying to love the new forum but its simply not as user friendly than the previous version and seems to have lost a lot of functionality and warmth. 

We have recently had the same thing in our company when they updated our product. Spent a long time making it look pretty and making it mobile friendly. Now our customers are telling us they hate it and its a downgrade.

RuneSR2
Level 16

Seems there's a (server) problem - I can no longer add images!? "Updating Media" is stuck in a loop ... goes on forever - then tried to upload to my own server and then just added the URL to a jpg image, didn't work either, thus something seems to have just broken... 

Also, when copying simple text from let's say Reddit, I get tons of html-errors, never did that with the old site - often it's impossible to find what's causing the html-error, and then I have to copy to notepad and back again, and then it works.  Still very cumbersome and time consuming. Please fix these errors too - or simply convert to plain text, whenever a user tries to insert text, thank you! 🙂

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Btw, image uploads work again - I also noted a new icon, maybe my image uploading troubles happened during a smaller forum/server update. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"