cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

262 REPLIES 262

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

ok say the word if you get fed up of waiting.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.867)

@Richooal wrote:

EDIT: Forgot to mention I cleared my cache and cookies before this login, so I'll see what happens next time I come back.

So, that was on Tuesday. Over the last 4 days I've noticed no change at all to the login behaviour. I still have to login each time I come back, even if it's later on the same day. (I'm guessing this is one of those free forum software things). I mean staying logged in on sites like this has been a mainstream thing for years. 

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I suspect that staying logged in may somewhat depend on whether you’re using a Facebook-linked account or a legacy Oculus account. Facebook accounts default to being always connected once you sign in, to facilitate their embedded add-ons in websites across the internet.

For those who have to regularly log in, have you merged your Oculus accounts with Facebook? Is anyone who logs in with Facebook having this problem?

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

That's a possibility, I opt for the Oculus login for the forum but my accounts are linked. No problems with staying logged in.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19042.867)

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

This account of mine is facebook connected. But my work account isn't and it doesn't have the login problem either.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

My accounts are linked (since last October) and I still need to go through the forum login every time.  Certainly made it easy to get my 100 login badge, lol!

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 1000w. Rift cv1, Quest 1, Vive Pro.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

ok back to something within the user's settings? there's a commonality hidden somewhere. Well , hopefully showbiz can organize more thorough testing with different PC setups, different browsers.

@nalex66 - it's an interesting situation. I do have my Facebook account linked, and it seems that as long as I visit the forum semi-regularly (e.g. once every 6-8 hours), then it keeps me logged in. But if I go 12 hours or more, then it makes me log back in.

I haven't set an exact timer to it, but these are rough estimates based on my usage ever since we switch to the new forum.

My re-login limit seems to be more like ~ 1 hour with Chrome and my iPhone safari browsers.  Kinda annoying but no real big deal imho.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 1000w. Rift cv1, Quest 1, Vive Pro.

Zenbane
Level 16

One interesting occurrence that is happening today involves my ability to reply to my own thread:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General/Oculus-Quest-as-the-front-runner-How-we-got-here/td-p/859988

I'm able to post and edit responses in other threads (such as this very post right now). And I'm able to create new threads. But when I tried to reply to my own thread, I received a message saying that the post needs Mod approval. This isn't a problem in itself, as Mod approval is perfectly fine. But I thought it strange that it would only happen in a thread I create. Possibly a bug?