cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or what you think could be even better. If you have questions about the new platform, please leave those as well. I may not be able to answer everything, but I’ll try to jump in where I can!

So… what do you think?

303 REPLIES 303

A Facebook style Block button would be better. Ignore features never work, and only end up getting used as a weapon. For example, putting someone on your ignore list and then posting in all their threads. That's not Ignoring, that's using a feature as weapon.

Facebook and Twitter use the Block feature, which is the industry standard and works best all around. It would be great if this forum had that.

dburne
Level 16

I don't care what they call it - ignore, block, delete , hide.

It would just be nice to have.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index

I'd even pay money to get that option back. Not even joking. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

@dburne wrote:

I don't care what they call it - ignore, block, delete , hide.

It would just be nice to have.

I vote for Hide!

Saruman90
Level 2

A couple of cool things:

In the options menu of a thread you can get an RSS feed. So if you like RSS viewers for checking for updates to a favourite topic, could be useful.

The real time search when you write a thread title that looks for similar threads will hopefully cut down on duplicate help threads.

Search actually works. I can see threads I wrote by searching in the forum instead of using google.

Working search alone makes the change worth it.

On the other hand, like all of these modern forum things I have a massive amount of white space on either side.

I've already fixed signatures for myself, I've started on a new Greasemonkey script for this forum that fades out signatures so they look like part of the post. My old forum script doesn't work anymore (I should find that thread and close it), I may work on some similar behaviour (colour coding posts by admins/mods, dark mode, etc) when I get around to it.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

@Saruman90 wrote:

A couple of cool things:

In the options menu of a thread you can get an RSS feed. So if you like RSS viewers for checking for updates to a favourite topic, could be useful.

The real time search when you write a thread title that looks for similar threads will hopefully cut down on duplicate help threads.

Search actually works. I can see threads I wrote by searching in the forum instead of using google.

Working search alone makes the change worth it.

On the other hand, like all of these modern forum things I have a massive amount of white space on either side.

I've already fixed signatures for myself, I've started on a new Greasemonkey script for this forum that fades out signatures so they look like part of the post. My old forum script doesn't work anymore (I should find that thread and close it), I may work on some similar behaviour (colour coding posts by admins/mods, dark mode, etc) when I get around to it.

Wow, that sounds really cool. Although I'm getting a dejavu feeling. Almost like THIS IS MY POST FROM PAGE 3 OF THIS THREAD.

Your last two posts are both just copy/pastes from other people in the same thread. But your first 3 posts seem legit.

So... spammer or forum accident?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

He did fool me too, lol. And repeated another message in the Index thread. Guess he could be given a few hours to explain... Quite strange behavior. 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

ops... same. fool me too. 🙂

dburne
Level 16

@ShowbizDonkey 

Would you guys please consider giving users the option to disable preview text for threads?

Also I still have to log in to the forums multiple times a day. Would be nice if it kept us logged in.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

Don't you just love how low-post-wonders can now use their silly starting thread and then pick equally wrong answers as a 'Solution', lol! 

Honestly, with very few exceptions this Forum is going to pot thanks to its new, crappy format imho.  I'm seriously thinking about giving it a permanent holiday.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Quest 2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro.