cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Releases on Rift and Gear VR for July 21st

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
New releases out today for Rift and Gear VR!

As with every week, your feedback is appreciated. If you've played a game or have questions about it, please let us know in the comments below. Enjoy!

tl;dr:

Rift
The Assembly
Cityscape Repairman 2.0

Gear VR
Co-Labs - Trial Rooms

Rift

The Assembly
x02a7pz6h0dk.png

A first-person interactive story for mature audiences, The Assembly is a long-form game designed from the ground up for VR. Play as two individuals and discover a morally challenging organization from contrasting perspectives. Face trials, investigate the Assembly’s secret bunker and make tough decisions. But will your actions and their repercussions save lives… or lead to catastrophe? Progress isn’t perfect. 
Developer: nDreams
Platform: Rift

Cityscape Repairman 2.0
mbbrbxwooykz.png

In a world where no one is special, where the word “individualism” is banned and everyone is working hard to contribute to society, you will find a repairman struggling to maintain Cityscape - a massive infrastructure that requires constant care in order to function properly. As the Repairman it is your duty to ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed by solving increasingly difficult puzzles in a timely and efficient manner. But remember, we value hard work, not your opinion.
Developer: Khora ApS
Platform: Rift

Gear VR
Co-Labs - Trial Rooms
2i63mdhydgs7.png

You want to be in a VR reality show? Then step right up - you’re now a contestant for CoLab - Trial Rooms. Our "friendly" show host will guide you through a labyrinth full of unique puzzles hand-made for VR and carefully tested. So what are you waiting for? Don't miss this unique chance to become the next star in VR’s new reality show.
Developer: Pixel Federation
Platform: Gear VR
Price: Free

360 Photo App
afumv7uwdwhj.png

This week's featured destination in the 360 photo app is "Route 66: A Road Trip Along America's Main Street". You can view a sample below, or on 360 Cities, or in VR for both Rift and Gear VR. 

khs3wbij8bpt.jpg

View in 360 on 360 Cities

8 REPLIES 8

mabsey
Explorer
My only comment is, please hurry up and Update Oculus Home to allow us to select install locations per title. My Drive is full, so Oculus and the Developers are no longer getting my money. I don't want work arounds. We have had 3 SDK updates now, and not one of them has addressed this area, so I'm guessing Oculus don't want my money.

GroovyMonster
Protege
Totally agree, mabsey! Been buying my stuff for the Rift on Steam whenever possible, because I NEED to be able to choose where I want to install new games, apps, and experiences. Extremely limiting that Home doesn't offer this option yet. So I'll just keep buying on Steam and elsewhere until they do.

dcj91x
Protege
Quit getting stuff on the Gear VR about a week after launch. Not because I didn't want anything but because I didn't have any space. Samsung s7edge's internal memory filled up quick and my 64g memory card just sits empty.

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer
I agree with the above posters I have nothing left to delete on my C drive but plenty of space on my D drive (both ssd's where I like to keep games and such).

cybereality
Grand Champion
You've been able to install to different hard-drives for months. Just reinstall the Oculus app and choose a different drive (but be sure to back-up your games first if you don't want to download again).
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Droflas
Explorer
I had this problem of my drive filling up 'Cybereality', asked for help on the forum and got the reply about backing my up games, but it didn't work for me (Don't know if it was my fault? but I'm pretty good with computers) but it just kept saying "Error: can't install or something like that" Luckily, I haven't had it long so not got many games, so I just un-installed Oculus, downloaded and reinstalled Oculus onto my two terabytes HDD. It showed me all the games I had purchased, so I just clicked on them all and left it to I to download them overnight. Excellent.

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer

You've been able to install to different hard-drives for months. Just reinstall the Oculus app and choose a different drive (but be sure to back-up your games first if you don't want to download again).

Erh no that's wrong, you either have to choose one drive or another. I don't want to MOVE my entire directory to a new drive any idiot can do that, I want to be able to have two different folders or more and be able to choose between them when I want to install something.

celticfc
Honored Guest

I followed the instructions but none of the games I had previously installed show up. I have a backup and tried it twice but nothing shows as installed, Where did I go wrong or is anyone else having the same problem.