cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Stormland trailer, looks soo good!

LZoltowski
Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXmqHaiQXSQ
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
48 REPLIES 48

sford52
Heroic Explorer
The trailer seems to be pretty much all shooter. Is there much exploration? Are there any puzzles? I'd like to try "flying in the slipstream". Guess I'll have to try it with the 2 hour limit in mind. I come from the nuthin beats lone echo school
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

pyroth309
Visionary

CrashFu said:

It's a good time to be a Rift owner, alright. B) 

I need to send this video to everyone I haven't been able to convince to get into VR, and see how jealous they get.

P.S.  Is there some reason this (and Asgard's Wrath) need the Rift-S, or is it like  "You can play it on a CV1 too, but you'll miss out somewhat on how pretty this looks"?

Probably not, but touch controllers are still the best controllers and you'll be able to play it on day 1 without having to worry about Revive issues. Unless you're running around in large Roomscale, I don't see why it would be an advantage over CV1.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

sford52 said:

The trailer seems to be pretty much all shooter. Is there much exploration? Are there any puzzles? I'd like to try "flying in the slipstream". Guess I'll have to try it with the 2 hour limit in mind. I come from the nuthin beats lone echo school

I'm just the opposite. I want to shoot stuff. I want my heart to race. I want to be frustrated by the challenge and then feel the exhilaration of finally, finally overcoming the challenge. 

Puzzle games are cheap and easy to make so we have an overabundance of them in VR. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

sford52 said:

I'm just the opposite. I want to shoot stuff. I want my heart to race. I want to be frustrated by the challenge and then feel the exhilaration of finally, finally overcoming the challenge. 

Puzzle games are cheap and easy to make so we have an overabundance of them in VR. 

That's a rather ineffective way to mask what you're really saying. You prefer the monotonous task of shooters where there is no real skill or talent involved. Shooters are "twitch" based as the primary skillset. Shooters come a dime a dozen. Puzzle/Adventure games require actual thought. You may want your heart to race, but not from a challenge, but from the same old repetitious race to see who can line up the crosshairs quicker. Boring.

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I don't know that anyone would say Lone Echo is cheap or easy - it ain't. I cant imagine anyone who's heart wasn't racing at the end of the game (other than L's).  But, if it ain't your cup o' tea, then no problem.

I haven't given shooters much chance, so I'm hoping this game will work for me. I'm open to it. Unlike multi-player which is simply a non starter, or gore/horror. Not that's there's anything wrong with those genres, they just aren't for me.

I'm not looking for some kumbaya or "can't we all just get along" type moment, just saying it's great to have options.
As Lucretius said: "One mans meat is another man's cannibalism"
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Wildt
Consultant

Zenbane said:

MowTin said:

sford52 said:

That's a rather ineffective way to mask what you're really saying. You prefer the monotonous task of shooters where there is no real skill or talent involved. Shooters are "twitch" based as the primary skillset. Shooters come a dime a dozen. Puzzle/Adventure games require actual thought. You may want your heart to race, but not from a challenge, but from the same old repetitious race to see who can line up the crosshairs quicker. Boring.

Dude, I know you have a point to make, but that's just super oversimplifying what a good, puzzle free shooter is.
And saying that there is no skill or talent involved is just flat out wrong :lol:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

Zenbane said:

MowTin said:

sford52 said:

Dude, I know you have a point to make, but that's just super oversimplifying what a good, puzzle free shooter is.
And saying that there is no skill or talent involved is just flat out wrong

Disagree. I was a top Ranker on MoonGamers.com back during the BF 1942 days, Wagoogies server. Here's a reddit thread that talks about it:

And I used to enter local Halo tournaments regularly (Halo 1 days). I know exactly what it takes to become a top competitor in Shooters, and it's 100% pure twitch based training. It's a big part of why I eventually stopped. You have to keep playing all the damn time to keep your twitch reflexes in tip-top shape, and it's on a "per game" basis.

I'll take a "thinking" game any day over twitch. It's not just puzzlers either that require thinking. RTS games as well.

But anyway, if you think I'm wrong then feel free to offer a counter-point. So far you haven't said anything to refute my stance. "nuh uh" isn't an argument lol

pyroth309
Visionary

Zenbane said:

Wildt said:

Zenbane said:

MowTin said:

sford52 said:

And saying that there is no skill or talent involved is just flat out wrong

Disagree. I was a top Ranker on MoonGamers.com back during the BF 1942 days, Wagoogies server. Here's a reddit thread that talks about it:

And I used to enter local Halo tournaments regularly (Halo 1 days). I know exactly what it takes to become a top competitor in Shooters, and it's 100% pure twitch based training. It's a big part of why I eventually stopped. You have to keep playing all the damn time to keep your twitch reflexes in tip-top shape, and it's on a "per game" basis.

I'll take a "thinking" game any day over twitch. It's not just puzzlers either that require thinking. RTS games as well.

But anyway, if you think I'm wrong then feel free to offer a counter-point. So far you haven't said anything to refute my stance. "nuh uh" isn't an argument lol

While I agree somewhat with the actual aiming being twitch, some games do have a lot of tactics involved that require thinking and headgames. It really depends on the shooter.

Wildt
Consultant

Zenbane said: So far you haven't said anything to refute my stance. 

Talk about mission impossible. I'm not even gonna try - I've said my bit, and I'll leave it at that :lol:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Wildt said:

Zenbane said: So far you haven't said anything to refute my stance. 

Talk about mission impossible. I'm not even gonna try - I've said my bit, and I'll leave it at that :lol:

Well you could have tried to list at one ONE skill, trait, or ability other than "twitch" that you believe must be honed. But you got nothing so far. Here, I'll give you one for free:
  • Map Memorization
Map memorization is key. He who mapinates, dominates.