cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New facial interfaces

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
To the people who have one what do you think if the new facial interfaces?

I don't like mine.  With the new one beinng thinner and bringing you closer to the screens my eyelashes brush against the screens.  Only every slightly but enough for it to be annoying. I am a male with standard length eyelashes.  I don't wear false eyelashes lol.  Good rays are way more visible.  Is that due to your eyes being closer to the screens?  Due to your eyes being closer to the screen any areas of the screens that need cleaning are way more noticable.      

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Is this a Go one?  If so maybe post this in the Go section.  There is already a thread on these.  Btw I have these and I think they work fine.  I wear glasses with them and I don’t notice my eyes being any closer.  I don’t even need the rubber spacer.  Everyone has a different shaped head so results will vary imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
No this is a Rift one.  Nowadays the Rift comes with a different type of facial interface than the original one. It's thinner and brings your eyes closer to the screen. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
My Rift is ~2.5 months old so I guess it has the new one?  Anyway, it seems fine to me, even with glasses.  Initially my glasses were a tight fit but after a couple of weeks the foam seems to have spread out a bit and now they fit no problem.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers