cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, can't create thread - PLEASE READ THIS

cybereality
Grand Champion
NEW USERS SHOULD BE FULL MEMBERS AFTER CREATING ONE POST. IF YOU HAVE ISSUES CREATING A THREAD OR POSTING, PLEASE PM ME. THANKS

*** Below is the original post, but see above for the latest requirements. ***

Due to an ongoing problem with spam, we have enacted certain restrictions for new members. As a new member, you will be restricted from creating new threads/topics, and unable to use BBCode in your posts.

Please contribute to existing threads first, to obtain a certain amount of posts before you become a full member.

You may use the search function to find relevant threads to post in. Most likely someone else has posted a similar problem, and you may even find there is already a solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this should make for a better spam-free experience for everyone.

UPDATE: The number of posts needed to become a full member is 3.
See here for some help making your first few posts:
https://developer.oculus.com/forums/vie ... 100#p49840

UPDATE 2: You can also PM me with a message telling me who you are or why you want to make a post on the forums, and I can make you a full member. Also, if you have purchased a Rift with the same email as on the developer center, just let me know and that will be enough to make you a full member. I just want to be sure you are not a spammer. Thanks.

UPDATE 3: The post requirement has been lifted. Everyone should be able to create topics now.

UPDATE 4: Spam has returned, so now the 3 post requirement has returned as well.

UPDATE 5: Spam has gone away for now, so I removed the requirements.

UPDATE 6: New users only need 1 post before becoming full members.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
966 REPLIES 966

ooosv
Honored Guest

l1kel1ke
Honored Guest
hello

asmtech
Honored Guest
I'm new and I need to create a new thread.

devalex
Honored Guest
Hello, I am a new user and I'm replying to this thread in order to achieve the full member status. I am a VR developer and I'm currently facing some issues using Oculus Runtime 0.7 as well as 0.8 with Oculus Rift DK2, will make a new thread about it.

Cheers.

iansvoice
Honored Guest
Ah.
Helpful.

Thanks!

ian

cheongchaklaw
Honored Guest
Thanks admin~

syam
Honored Guest
Ah, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully I can post soon!

Samuidayone
Honored Guest
Hi everyone,

I am posting this to gain the ability to post a thread about a problem that I cannot solve. This is an interesting way to avoid spam and I hope this will keep on working for you *waving at the admins*.

Cheers,
Sam

merryfrolics
Honored Guest
This helps. Thanks!

HailStorm32
Honored Guest
After posting this will I be able to start a topic?