cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Oculus email after filling Kickstarter Form

pisiiki
Honored Guest
Hello,

I backed DK1 long ago and was very happy to see that Oculus will provide us with the free final product. However I am a bit confused because I didn't get any oculus email after filling the form to confirm my country in Kickstarter (Spain). I got this confusing stuff from kickstarter:

----------------

Hello there!

We hope you’re excited about getting your reward for backing Oculus Rift: Step Into the Game. The creator just needs a little information from you to make it happen.

Answer a few questions now, and they’ll take care of the rest!
Respond now

Amount pledged
$330.00 USD

Reward

EARLY RIFT DEVELOPER KIT + DOOM 3 BFG: Try the Rift for yourself now! You'll receive a developer kit, perfect for the established or indie game developer interested in working with the Rift immediately. This also includes a copy of Doom 3 BFG and full access to our Developer Center for our SDK, docs, samples, and engine integrations! (Please add $30 for international shipping)

Estimated delivery
Dec 2012

-------

Then I filled it and got this:

This email is just to confirm that your survey response has been submitted for Oculus Rift: Step Into the Game.

Now all you have to do is sit back and wait for a great reward!

You can double-check your responses below:

my personal data

Amount pledged
$330.00 USD

Reward

EARLY RIFT DEVELOPER KIT + DOOM 3 BFG: Try the Rift for yourself now! You'll receive a developer kit, perfect for the established or indie game developer interested in working with the Rift immediately. This also includes a copy of Doom 3 BFG and full access to our Developer Center for our SDK, docs, samples, and engine integrations! (Please add $30 for international shipping)

Estimated delivery
Dec 2012

--------------

Well and thats all... I don't have anything in my email from Oculus, no orders in my Oculus account and that concerns me a bit, people talk about order numbers and expected deliveries, I supose those are pre-orders from non backers. Did you get anything more in the email? Did I do something wrong?

Regards.
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, that is normal. You will only receive those two emails from Kickstarter. That's fine.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zork2001
Heroic Explorer
I always wondered what happened to DOOM 3 BFG that was promised with the DK1, seems like it just disappeared never to be talked about again.

pisiiki
Honored Guest
"cybereality" wrote:
Yes, that is normal. You will only receive those two emails from Kickstarter. That's fine.

Thanks for answering, the 2012 reference didn't help at all.

aabel
Honored Guest
Do Kickstarter backers get a shot at pre-ordering the Touch? I didn't see that option.

jrd3d
Explorer
"aabel" wrote:
Do Kickstarter backers get a shot at pre-ordering the Touch? I didn't see that option.

Yes, you are entered into the pre-order for the Touch according to what Palmer Luckey said in his AMA on https://www.reddit.com/r/iama

jab
Rising Star
"zork2001" wrote:
I always wondered what happened to DOOM 3 BFG that was promised with the DK1, seems like it just disappeared never to be talked about again.

The Doom 3 Rift edition that was prevented from ever being released was just the first of many bad decisions made by ID management, finally ending up with Carmack leaving them.