cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nose Gap , How many free launch titles?

yoyoguyss1
Explorer
Hi,
I previously owned a DK2 , I recently got to try out a demo of the HTC Vive as well and so far, with all my previous virtual reality experience there is always one thing that bothered  me and it was that I could see through to the real world. Now I do admit I do have a slightly large nose , now with the final version of the rift have they in anyway tried to fix this issue for users like me and also how many free launch titles will be there when I purchase the rift?
12 REPLIES 12

V-Walker
Adventurer
Some of the reviews I read said there is indeed a nose gap (I assume letting light in). I think PSVR was improved but prob still a little worse than Rift? dunno. Vive is apparently quite dark as it has an isolated nose 'cavity' with soft flaps or something?

InuHanyou1701
Protege
From what I have read in reviews,it is something that you learn to block out with usage and even has some practical applications if you are able to (One review suggested they were able to use that light gap to locate a drink on the desk or the controller since the Rift does not have Vive's external camera). Unfortunately only time will tell and if it continues to be a serious distraction you might have to try something home brewed to eliminate it. 

VizionVR
Rising Star
Free content:
- Lucky's Tale
- Dreamdeck
- Henry
- Lost
- Invasion
- Jaunt
- 360 image viewer
- Oculus Video
- Farlands
- Colosse
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jaunt was an app on iOS and Android with google cardboard. Sometimes you get some good stuff. Hopefully new we get it in good quality.

VizionVR
Rising Star

Eaglecup said:

Jaunt was an app on iOS and Android with google cardboard. Sometimes you get some good stuff. Hopefully new we get it in good quality.

I haven't had a chance to try that one yet. I liked Jaunt's content on the DK2. It only seems to be getting better so I have good expectations from them.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

dmock1
Protege
Just received my Oculus, and yes there is a huge nose gap. I have a pretty good size nose. Its annoying and I have actually contemplated about returning the Rift to Microsoft. 

dinoroger
Adventurer
Just get a VR cover it helps block the gap.

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star

dmock1 said:

Just received my Oculus, and yes there is a huge nose gap. I have a pretty good size nose. Its annoying and I have actually contemplated about returning the Rift to Microsoft. 

To Microsoft?

crim3
Expert Protege

dmock1 said:

To Microsoft?

Maybe the nose gap is designed by Microsoft, but as it is made of air they could not put their brand on it.