cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nose Gap is really Useful!

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Some people and Vive people say that the nosegap is annoying but i find it very useful. It's how i can make sure I'm not about to hit something or just to put the controllers down in a safe space in my room when i need to take the headset off.
What do you guys think?
13 REPLIES 13

Domitjen
Adventurer
Same, that's why I don't even have the guardian on.

darkeclypse
Protege
Yeah i like the gap.. helps keep the lenses from fogging up and i can see where im at in the room if needed.  Never noice it while playing so 0 problem for me.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yep, I'm a gap fan 😮

It's my safe place in horror games.

kzintzi
Trustee
I don't even notice it TBH - I can't see through it anyway (all blurry without glasses), so I completely ignore it. it comes as a shock sometime when I realise I'm actually in a brightly lit room when I take the headset off
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Javelin396
Adventurer
yea this is actually one of those things that annoyed me at first, but really came to appreciate.  having that small amount of vision out of the headset thru the nosegap is good enough to have spatial awareness, but not really take you out of an experience

I definitely thought this thread was going to be drugs related!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I like the nose gap, but I can't see much through it past my big honker. If the gap was any smaller, I'd have some discomfort since it would press on my nose too much.

One thing I really like is looking down and seeing my hand or Touch controller in the gap, especially if the VR app is showing the virtual Touch controller--I'm always impressed with how perfectly the VR image matches up to reality, like it's the same object existing simultaneously in two different planes of existence.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Tjames66
Explorer
I'm a fan of the Nose Gap, helps me find my beer on the desk in front of me  🙂

danknugz
Superstar

nalex66 said:

I like the nose gap, but I can't see much through it past my big honker. If the gap was any smaller, I'd have some discomfort since it would press on my nose too much.

One thing I really like is looking down and seeing my hand or Touch controller in the gap, especially if the VR app is showing the virtual Touch controller--I'm always impressed with how perfectly the VR image matches up to reality, like it's the same object existing simultaneously in two different planes of existence.

i thought the same thing recently
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?