cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notes on Quest Build v16.0

Six_Of_One
Level 4
My Quest Build 16.0 Issues

I'm fine with the Quest, warts and all. That being said...

Sticking to the latest update and the new and improved menu...

I lost functionality with the browser. I enjoyed going to 360cities.com and viewing their VR material and have lost the ability to do that as well as on other sites I had previously been able to enjoy.

Since YouTubeVR hasn't had an update I assume the oculus update is causing it to be less reliable, kicking me out more often than usual. Also, most apps take a little longer to load.

As with most updates, it seems to come with its own issues. The os seems to become more problematic with each update. Perhaps a little more time working on stability. As it is, I cross my fingers every time I start my headset up.

I really like all the home environments but, I can't understand why you are unable to reorient yourself to face different directions in the home environments. Someone went to a lot of trouble to create them only to face one direction while looking at the menus. You can do it but so difficult to use the menus at the same time. Seems a real waste. No need to come up with new ones if you can only reorient yourself.

The old and new menus are so up in your face that I rarely can enjoy the home environments anyway. Being able to adjust the distance, being able to turn off the big board or roll it up would be helpful. I mean my whole point of VR is to enjoy the environment.

What is the point of the Quick Start on the experimental menu? You can't organize it. It doesn't show recent apps used. Just combine it with the all apps option and make it able to be organized just like most other similar menus in most other programs.

As long as the headset continues to operate I will enjoy it but, sometimes...

3 REPLIES 3

wuzp
Level 8

sixofone7 said:

I lost functionality with the browser. I enjoyed going to 360cities.com and viewing their VR material and have lost the ability to do that as well as on other sites I had previously been able to enjoy. 

The Oculus browser is based on Chromium.  The latest version of Chromium has dropped support for WebVR.  Firefox Reality still supports WebVR.

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
Ya, I've found that the free Firefox Reality app works much better on some sites.

I also agree that the new experimental menu is pretty so-so.  I just went back to the stock one for now.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

wuzp
Level 8

sixofone7 said:

What is the point of the Quick Start on the experimental menu?

As the name, and the disclaimer on the menu implies... these are experiments, and we are the guinea pigs.  We are not expected to like them, nor are they expected to work, all the time.  It is feedback from people like you and I that determines if these experiments become permanent features.