cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications of "Friend's" Unlocks/Achievements I do not want for games I don't. It's Anti-Privacy!

MAC_MAN86
Level 10
Just got this Notification. I do not know the guy (sorry you are involved in this) plus I do not have that Game.
It neither follows his Privacy nor mine by telling me this info. Why are you doing this OCULUS?

7inmb6w2ym8e.png
83 REPLIES 83

Zenbane
Level 15
He's on your Friends List. That's the only way you can get that notification. All Social Media works the exact same way. If he was concerned about his privacy, then he wouldn't have added you to his friends list. If you're concerned about your privacy, don't add people you don't know.

Common sense.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
You can also turn off notifications about your friends' activity in the Settings menu. I noticed that they recently added the friend achievement notifications in the last update, I had a look in the settings, and I turned it off. Easier than complaining about it online.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

MAC_MAN86
Level 10
No mate. I added him as we played together once. It is totally against Privacy Rules to have this going around without us knowingly wishing to do so. It is just more info in Notifications to bug us and seriously I do not see the point in telling "Friends" (people we never met) this level of crap!
This is the same shite we got on Facebook "Mr Nobody has invited you to play Candy Crush!" - NO BLOODY WAY!!!

MAC_MAN86
Level 10
OK cheers @nalex66 but our info goes out to all others that did not yet ask for it!

In other words, due to Privacy Rules these 2 Options should be set to OFF at default.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Meh, doesn't really bother me that some rando guy that friend-requested me knows that I got an achievement in Brass Tactics. Steam does exactly the same thing, you just don't see it quite as prominently unless you look at your Activity tab.

There are some privacy options to limit what info of yours is shared, although I haven't checked if achievement broadcasting is among them.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Zenbane
Level 15
It's not against privacy rules, and it only happens when you add someone to your friends list. It's common sense, but glad we got a solution.

If someone feels that it truly is against 'privacy rules,' instead of spamming the accusation repeatedly, how about quoting the actual rule that this violoates? I presume that the spam is used because there is no actual rule being violated.

MAC_MAN86
Level 10
All hot air sunshine exaggerated so cause a riot. I know I am right.

Zenbane
Level 15
Still not quoting the Privacy Rules that are supposed to be violated? Sounds like exaggerated hot air.

Morgrum
Level 11
uwowr8kyf3aq.jpg
WAAAGH!