cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications of "Friend's" Unlocks/Achievements I do not want for games I don't. It's Anti-Privacy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got this Notification. I do not know the guy (sorry you are involved in this) plus I do not have that Game.
It neither follows his Privacy nor mine by telling me this info. Why are you doing this OCULUS?

7inmb6w2ym8e.png
83 REPLIES 83

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Hey I won a game STBC want my credit card details Mac ??
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Steam gives away so much more info about users. Like who owns the same games as me, and when they last played it. It even lets me know when someone logs in AND which game they just loaded up!!

nk4swxuxu0y8.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since when did Privacy EVER mean you are open to none until you find out before it is too late that you have to toggle a switch to stop leaks getting out?!

Yes it is trivial but then why bother taking Zuckers to court and tribunals in front of  Parliaments to be questioned over Privacy and not get a single straight answer. Privacy Rules mean Privacy first!

Poor Tommy-Lee Raymond did not stand a chance and is now aired for the world to see this poor fella plays Crisis On Planet Of The Apes. Is he a middle-aged office worker? Did he get his achievement during office hours under his salary?!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
6 posts so far from the OP and none of them have any actual legal quotes from this imaginary Privacy Policy that is being violated.

This is a good example of what happens when someone signs up for a service without reading the ToS.

"I agreed to all your privacy terms without reading them. Now I'm receiving notifications that concern me. HALP!"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't answer to Sunshine LOL! Grow up bud.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

I don't answer to Sunshine LOL! Grow up bud.

7 posts and still no Privacy Policy.

Spam doesn't make you 'grown up.'

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are trolling!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MAC_MAN86 said:

You are trolling!

Pot/kettle.

I'm asking you to simply quote the Privacy Policy that you believe is being violated. That's not trolling; that's asking for evidence because making accusations without evidence is more closely aligned with trolling.

What a world we live in where someone thinks they are being trolled because they are asked to use facts to backup an accusation. LMAO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ohh dear.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sunshine when I feel my Privacy HAS BEEN BROKEN I really do not need to read the rules. I feel it. I see it.
It is bloody obvious Sunshine!