cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia RTX 3050, 3060 (Ti), 3070 (Ti), 3080 (Ti) & 3090 (Ti) HAVE ARRIVED (INFO AND BENCHMARKS)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
TweakTown Enlarged Image

It seems like we'll get:

The new Ampere-based GeForce RTX 3000 series cards will reportedly offer more VRAM on all cards, so we could see: 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - 16GB.

Maybe reduced power consumption due to 7nm. And maybe the best - if it's true:

NVIDIA is reportedly set to offer its next-gen GeForce RTX 3000 serieds at cheaper prices than the current-gen GeForce RTX 2000 series, which would be interesting. NVIDIA faced considerable backlash with the pricing on its GeForce RTX 2000 series, even though they still sold like hotcakes a price reduction is always welcome.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68455/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-more-vram-way-faster-cheaper/index.h...

Expected - maybe - in the first half of 2020:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-7nm-graphics-cards-landing-1h-2020/ 

Some shots of RTX 3090s:

15022021-3

15022021-4

15022021-6

15022021-7

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1,405 REPLIES 1,405

She also buys a lot of jewelry, so I may be the one spending less, lol. She wasn't that thrilled about me getting another VR hmd, when I got the Index - but the Index kit arrived exactly on my birthday (what are the odds...) - and then it was harder to be critical 😂 

Some of my friends do think it's close to insanity paying a top price for a RTX 3090 - but just having seen the Pixar movie Soul, I guess it's about finding your spark in life 😇 

81so1aTDMoL.jpg

Ok, maybe about finding sparks - I may have many more than VR and gpus, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

@Zenbane wrote:

That's the thing about single-player only games... at some point players want to share/engage with others. So we end up posting about it (e.g. talking about the game online, sharing videos, photos, gaming rigs, etc.)

Would love to see a Metro multiplayer game (co-op) just for VR. It's always better to "game with other players" as opposed to gaming alone and then talking about it with other players.

I gotta disagree with the absoluteness of that statement. For me, I actually prefer to play story based games alone. It's been my experience that most people just want to skip through all of the dialogue and get back to shooting or whacking things. I'm one of those that likes to take my time and appreciate the storytelling and try to follow what's going on. I find it's better if I play alone and go at my own pace as I get the most enjoyment that way.

It's rare that people progress at the same speed also. I don't like to feel rushed, nor do I want to be holding someone up and the inverse of that is even worse...when I'm the one being held up lol. One of my friends is a completionist and he spends SO much time scouring every nook and cranny looking for secrets or a destroyable crate or whatever. It's usually painful for me to play coop with him as I can be a bit on the ADD side sometimes with gameplay. Just want to keep pushing through but I stop for the story stuff. It can lead to a lot of conflict unless someone just takes a submissive role and lets the other maximize their enjoyment.

That said, in some games coop can be  fantastic and a nice way to just have fun with a friend/few friends. I definitely think there's value to both types.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This is not exactly going any kind of fast 😂 - but opened the box today and have now installed the card - here're some shots before I attached the power cables:

20210505_220010.JPG

20210505_215923.JPG

20210505_215857.jpg

Btw, case does have some Ferrari colors 😉  - it's a custom built Corsair 275R case:

Unavngivet.JPG

Next stop, getting Win 10 set up properly

RuneSR2_0-1620249115787.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have fun with that @RuneSR2 , new builds are always a load of fun and exciting to do.

You will love that 3090 card.

Lots of fun putting together a custom tower. Everytime I do this myself, I get so much satisfaction.

Nice case btw, looks like the one that replaced the one I have. I do like Corsair products myself and will continue to use their stuff in my next upgrade when Meterior lake gets released.

For setting Windows up, make sure you install all the chipset drivers and other things pertaining to the MB features that Asus supplies. Plus, unless you really want/need the Ai Suite that Asus provides, I wouldn't bother with it as it just wastes CPU threads anyway and is not really needed. If you want to OC your CPU, just let Asus bios do it...no need for anything else running in the background. You will need to configure the bios to do so though.

Congrats!!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

I'm a fan of Corsair products myself and have owned many.

Congrats on joining the 3090 club. It's been really nice over here for the last 7 1/2 months lol.

I always get the latest drivers off the websites because usually by the time you actually obtain a motherboard it's been sitting in a box for months and they're all out of date. I always flash my BIOS to latest also these days as it can solve a lot of weird issues with RAM and USB and such that sometimes occurs.

@RuneSR2   I cheated and had a local PC builder put all my bits together (except for the rtx3090 which I did later myself).  Best aud$200 I ever spent. 

Edit; I'll probably get this same guy to install my aud$300 still-in-the-box corsair RM1000X psu (that Don said I def needed) whenever this seems to be actually needed, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

For the GTX 1080 rig I did install some MSI software, but really don't use it. Afterburner was really the only thing needed - 3200 MHz mem could just be set in the bios. 

I'm too for a minimalistic approach, probably will only update in case of issues (if it works don't fix it, lol). 

Thanks and agreed, the z590 is new, normally I'm not fond of getting too new (untested) stuff - but Asus normally tests their mainboards quite extensively. I'll see how it goes for some days in case of stability. Don't think I'll overclock anything more than it already is, lol. 

Last year I placed an order for the EVGA XC3 3090, still have not heard anything - so gave up waiting forever 🙂

Also didn't get a manual for the 275R case, and does take some minutes to find where everything goes, lol. 

Powering the 3090 with 3 x 8 pin connectors also was slightly cumbersome, due to the limited length of the cables.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should get other and nicer power cables - this could easily turn into a "build-the-nicest-rig-with-tons-of-lights-and-special-cables"-disease 🙂