cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia RTX 3050, 3060 (Ti), 3070 (Ti), 3080 (Ti) & 3090 (Ti) HAVE ARRIVED (INFO AND BENCHMARKS)

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
TweakTown Enlarged Image

It seems like we'll get:

The new Ampere-based GeForce RTX 3000 series cards will reportedly offer more VRAM on all cards, so we could see: 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 - 12GB 
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - 16GB.

Maybe reduced power consumption due to 7nm. And maybe the best - if it's true:

NVIDIA is reportedly set to offer its next-gen GeForce RTX 3000 serieds at cheaper prices than the current-gen GeForce RTX 2000 series, which would be interesting. NVIDIA faced considerable backlash with the pricing on its GeForce RTX 2000 series, even though they still sold like hotcakes a price reduction is always welcome.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/68455/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-more-vram-way-faster-cheaper/index.h...

Expected - maybe - in the first half of 2020:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-generation-ampere-7nm-graphics-cards-landing-1h-2020/ 

Some shots of RTX 3090s:

15022021-3

15022021-4

15022021-6

15022021-7

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1,405 REPLIES 1,405

Yea, I'm one of those that stays current on drivers and windows and everything else. It's no big deal to roll back if I encounter an issue. I've only had to do a system wipe a few times in 30 years of PC gaming from driver issues. Most of that was from Windows XP and compatibility issues with the new file system though so not sure that even counts.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

I just tried out the Metro Exodus Enhanced version in 4K. I cranked the graphics settings to Extreme with Raytracing + VRS+ DLSS all enabled and am pleased to say my 3090 handles it with ease and pulls off 60+fps average...and it's not OC'd at all. Running bone stock. If I turn it down to Ultra with ray tracing on normal it gets closer to 100fps. Looks incredible...but I'm spoiled with VR and it's just not the same playing on pancake...LOL!!!

I think I'm going to have to re-install VorpX and give it a shot with that this weekend.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pyroth309 wrote:

Yea, I'm one of those that stays current on drivers and windows and everything else. It's no big deal to roll back if I encounter an issue. I've only had to do a system wipe a few times in 30 years of PC gaming from driver issues. Most of that was from Windows XP and compatibility issues with the new file system though so not sure that even counts.

Yeah me too, I always keep my drivers, Windows, Bios, all updated to the latest. Almost a little OCD about it.

Has always worked for me though.

Did install all the Asus mainboard drivers - did record the highest score of 247 fps in Heaven afterwards, but second run was down to 244.5 as usual. Thus maybe 0 - 1 % more performance was gained. Might try the newest Nvidia driver later, but next stop might be the CV1. Have completely forgotten how I installed it 4 years ago, lol.  Following Oculus' old advice I really hope I can copy some folders and avoid having to reinstall 4TB of games 🤞 🍀

During 4 years, new Nividia drivers did absolutely nothing for my performance in Heaven and Timespy - I don't expect gains in these benchmarks with newer drivers. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This trailer really looks like it's a VR game, lol:

- but it's not 

RuneSR2_0-1620408623831.png

Tried the Star Wars RTX demo and wasn't very impressed - quite dull and boring, lasting like 1-2 minutes.

- seems like Nvidia stopped making RTX demos in 2019, why no awesome stuff for the Series 30? Or maybe I've missed it...

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/community/demos/

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Guess something has changed the last 4 years - at least my setup now started up in Danish - that was kinda awkward, I do prefer US English for my Oculus app, lol. Well, suddenly I arrived at the gates of the Oculus Ivory Tower. Have read tons of horror stories about users getting no further due to USB conflicts - but had no problems getting acces 😎 

20210507_200805 (1).jpg

   

Had to redo everything including pairing the Touch controllers, had to go through the tutorials again - but it was kinda fun. Had to redo my sensor locations, even if these have been working perfectly for years. So this was somewhat time consuming. 

Note that the install program still wants the third sensor to use USB 2.0, not 3.0. 

Everything has worked perfectly. Feels like getting a new and finally (close to) unrestricted CV1.  I've had no error messages of the video card not being supported etc. 

Might be time to move 7 TB of drives. And copy my save games. And copy my OTT profiles. Would have been sooo much easier just changing the video card, but where's the fun in that 

RuneSR2_0-1620413617000.png

LOL...when I reinstalled Oculus software a while back...it pegged me for Japanese...so all on screen was that, until I found the language menu... go figure. My wife is Chinese so I'm not sure how they got Japanese.

You may find some of those old games will need to be re-downloaded no matter what you do. I had similar problems back then. Good luck.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

Yup, I think today it's time to move the drives. Probably no big deal, but getting all those save games over does worry me, lol. 

Still in awe how extremely silent the new rig is. Like my 9 year old son asked after pressing the power button "is it on, Dad?" - and I could reply "yes, see - the lights turned on", lol.

I guess my Scythe Big Shuriken cpu cooler in the old mini-ITX rig is to blame, even if that one is very silent too, but of course I could not install a similar gigantic cpu cooler in the mini-ITX case.

Like my old MSI GTX Gaming X 1080 8GB, the Strix OC 3090 does not turn on the fans before the gpu hits something like 50 - 60 degrees Celcius. So it's dead silent in Win 10 normal use. I guess that goes for all high-end video cards these days... So far no coil whine at all from the Strix 3090.

In Windows 10, the fans on the 10900K cooler are spinning at just 300 rpm, I simply can't hear them. After some time in Win 10 installing stuff, the 10900K was just 28 degrees Celcius. My room temp is close to a constant 20 degrees Celcius all year.

Btw, my wife saw the rig and said it looked like a rig for teenagers with all those lights 🙂 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I hope I never get the case lighting RGB disease - this dude seems ... lost 

RuneSR2_0-1620464599177.png

iqs69anxatx61.jpg

This was nice - but too clinical for my taste - furthermore, because nerd* *cough!* computer enthusiasts may find such rigs nice-looking, not sure the WAF really is high, lol

a654nb8c4qx61.jpg

Can't seem to find the psu in that rig - new kinda magic? 😄

Just tested it - the wife said "who wants to be able to see all the mess inside? Won't the fans add dust on the inside of the glass?" 

So mystery solved - even the clean white rig has very low WAF 😉

Still this does look ... purdy ... 

RuneSR2_1-1620464873851.png

Guess it's in our genes - can't help being attracted to the light ... 

Spoiler
7d422866a26a205fb266d68af2e63165.jpg

"How much of your DNA do you think is the same as a fruit fly's? Would you have guessed 60%? That's right, 60% of the DNA code of fruit flies and humans is identical. That means that most human genes and insect genes are the same and function very similarly."
https://askabiologist.asu.edu/insect-and-human-biology

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Moved the drives today, quite a hassle getting them out of the mini-ITX (had to remove the video card to be able to remove one drive) and into the new rig. 

Found out I didn't need to worry about reinstalling 6TB of games. When adding the locations, Oculus software would automatically scan them and register all games and apps - and then these were automatically installed. Same for Steam, awesome!

Now tried Lone Echo, first things first 🙂 Totally smooth with my usual settings using super sampling 2.0 with TAA. But I used to get a constant 45 fps with these settings. To get 90 fps I would have to use ss 1.5 with the GTX 1080. Tested the game with a 2080 Ti in 2018, which could do ss 1.7, but higher caused 45 fps ASW. 

So ss 2.0 is a great achievement in solid 90 fps with the 3090. This was in fact my target - not much is more important than Lone Echo. And I could even add MSAA and High Performance Mode and still get solid 90 fps! Never experienced Lone Echo like this before. Not that I was moved to tears, lol, but this was a milestone achievement for me. 

But even 3090 has limitations - when adding 4xMSAA to the ss 2.0 and TAA occasionally I did go down to 45 fps. But ss 2.0 with 2xMSAA and TAA is totally awesome. Note that all MSAA is wasted with CV1 due to TAA, MSAA makes no visible changes, so no need to even activate MSAA when you have the CV1. Did start to smell the 3090 just slightly, so I guess it was working pretty hard 😉

Also using ss 2.0 in Oculus Home everything was totally smooth and solid 90 fps, never tried that before. 

Note that using ss 2.0 with CV1 is about 20 mill pixels per image, so that's quite an extreme res.