cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCULUS - Put some RESPECT on day 1 PRE ORDERS

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Source Reddit (post has since been taken down or moved):  This customer had purchased on the Oculus website on 4/21/2016.  Order status SHIPPING; WTF OCULUS/FB!

VIP treatment BB, Amazon, and MS.  Who does that???  Oculus is a damn shame :disappointed:  

*Could care less the country/reigon BS
*Could care less the Oculus charged for BS shipping (Note:  Most would have been delighted to pay shipping on a 9 day turnaround) 

yb3nou49yjrb.jpg
67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone realized that the image in the OP is fake?

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer

Nobbs66 said:

has anyone realized that the image in the OP is fake?

Please share your proof that it is fake. (Same could be said to share if it is real)

If you have no proof than you are just claiming fake most likely because you don't like what it is saying.

Personally, I don't know if it is real or fake that is for certain, but what I can say is the way we have been treated (day 1 pre-orders) I can't help but believe it could be true.

Sarlin
Adventurer
Real or fake who cares?  What is real is those Amazon bundles being ordered and going out in 2 days.  Unless amazon/vendor had those rifts prior to pre-orders, then they came out of the rifts that could have gone to pre-orderers.  Unless someone clearly explains how, with the Manufacture operating at 100% production, units could have been produced for the bundles and NOT affected pre-orders (and I really hope someone can).  This also assumes manufacture is working at 100% capacity....

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
@Nobbs66 just a question (no ill intentions behind it)

Dont you have yours?

Fredd32
Adventurer
Dangerous2women: It's not about valuing my money when they haven't taken any of it yet. If I had paid and been promised a delivery date that would have been an entirely different story.

Sarlin: The bundled Rift deals were made with retailers before they opened pre-orders to the general public so in reality those were ahead of even the earliest orders on day one. Oculus publicly stated this fact from the very beginning so it doesn't matter anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

samsungtx said:

@Nobbs66 just a question (no ill intentions behind it)

Dont you have yours?

no

Sarlin
Adventurer
@Fredd32 : So the "retailers" were ahead of Pre-orders, yet a good deal of pre-orders came before them and they held back their release date till mid-April?  Interesting, most consumer launches of products have the product in the hands of the "retailers" in time for launch?  But then again, this is Oculus 🙂 Thanks for the input, is it still not computing in my head but I think its due for a software upgrade in the near future, not sure it is compatible with VR and it might explode...

Oblongship
Heroic Explorer

Fredd32 said:

Dangerous2women: It's not about valuing my money when they haven't taken any of it yet. If I had paid and been promised a delivery date that would have been an entirely different story.

Sarlin: The bundled Rift deals were made with retailers before they opened pre-orders to the general public so in reality those were ahead of even the earliest orders on day one. Oculus publicly stated this fact from the very beginning so it doesn't matter anyway.

Awesome how they were able to keep those promises eh?