Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OHMutliTool - Beta release v0.2

elboffor
Consultant
1v2l23grts0k.png
Hi all,

This is an app I've put together to help the comunity, it's currently in Beta as I'm still building it but the first feature is complete.
This is a very early beta release so please bear that in mind, any and all feedback is welcome 🙂

Disclaimer: This is free software and altohugh every effort has been made to ensure no problems, shit happens! only you are responsible for any damage or los that occurs by using this software.

Latest news!
17/03/2017: new version launched testing installation of custom oculus home shortcuts, please give as much feedback as possible as a new version will be out very shortly which will have a lot more than just this!

Current version:

0.2 Beta - Download

Changelog:
v0.2
  • test of oculus home shortcut injection system (will make DISOVR WA, look like Raw Data inside OH and launch installed steam version)
  • oculus home and steam install locations now taken from registry (thanks @ApollyonVR for tips)
  • improved interface
  • ability to right click to stop/ start/ restart Oculus runtime service
  • new timer set for oculus home to prevent errors

0.1 Beta - Download
Changelog:
v0.1
  • first build
  • save and swap between 2 different play spaces
  • auto backup of configuration on first launch
Usage:
To use the playspace switcher
  1. extract folder from archive
  2. run OHMultiTool as administrator
  3. depending on your setup at this point, save as Standing or seating
  4. use the clear button in the tool to reset your oculus configuration
  5. set up your second designated play area
  6. save that in the tool
  7. use the switch button at will to toggle between play spaces
To use the Raw Data game copy injector
  1. download and install DICOVR WA
  2. press the RawData logo on the bottom right of the multitool
  3. If RawData is installed in your main steam app directory, then you'll get a pop up saying so, if something goes wrong however, please post it below.

More info and a lot more features to come

Toodles

elboffor

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
46 REPLIES 46

TickTock
Heroic Explorer
Sweet!  I'll give it a go tonight.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

Nij
Heroic Explorer
Awesome! Nice one for creating this, not tried yet but I will 😄

At the minute I'm only running a 2 sensor set up which I can use for standing and stitting but I'm looking at getting another sensor or 2 as just the 2 sensors isn't cutting it anymore but issue is, I don't really want to start mouting them all on the ceiling, (not sure the wife will approve) and the only thing that's been holding me back from getting more sensors is, I don't want to keep re running set up every day as I'll be plugging them in and out every day before and after use

Ideally I'd leave the 2 sensors I have where they are now and once the wife and kids have gone bed i'll connect my other 2 sensors and have them the other side of the room but I'll need to get them in the exact spot

So I really just needed something that will back up my 4 sensor set up and then when I'm ready to roll I can just restore my 4 sensor set up without having to go through set up everyday

Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

flexy123
Superstar
so what it does store a sensor calibration and space setup, and you can switch between them?
This is interesting!

elboffor
Consultant
It does indeed.
Got a few more plans in mind too 😉

JesseDeya
Expert Protege
This is a brilliant concept! (Not tried it yet)

I'm surprised Oculus didn't include this out of the box..

Can you tie this into the Steam calibration too? So for instance, if I load my Oculus standing space, it would switch SteamVR to the 'room scale' config, but if load my Oculus seated space it would correspondingly switch SteamVR to seated or stationary?

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to trying this out tonight.

TickTock
Heroic Explorer
I think there needs to be a pause from when the service is shut down and before restarting with the new configuration to let the user switch/move sensors.  Otherwise it gets confused (very).  This is why in my solution, I had a separate stop.bat so I could stop the service, switch cameras and then run either the room.bat or sit.bat to restart in the new configuration.  For grins, I tried leaving all four sensors in (3 in ceiling for room and 1 on desk for sitting) and that did not go well.  I was getting thrashed all over my virtual living room.  😄

Also even after switching cameras it didn't work right (I was floating in the air).  I noticed that the app removed the Oculus directory in the locallow area.  When I restored that things seemed to recover.  
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

uKER
Adventurer
You create this post but you never give any explanation of what the software does!

JesseDeya
Expert Protege

elboffor said:

Changelog:
v0.1
  • first build
  • save and swap between 2 different play spaces
  • auto backup of configuration on first launch
Usage:
  1. extract folder from archive
  2. run OHMultiTool as administrator
  3. depending on your setup at this point, save as Standing or seating
  4. use the clear button in the tool to reset your oculus configuration
  5. set up your second designated play area
  6. save that in the tool
  7. use the switch button at will to toggle between play spaces

uKER said:

You create this post but you never give any explanation of what the software does!

Not sure if serious.

TickTock said:

I think there needs to be a pause from when the service is shut down and before restarting with the new configuration to let the user switch/move sensors.  Otherwise it gets confused (very).  This is why in my solution, I had a separate stop.bat so I could stop the service, switch cameras and then run either the room.bat or sit.bat to restart in the new configuration.  For grins, I tried leaving all four sensors in (3 in ceiling for room and 1 on desk for sitting) and that did not go well.  I was getting thrashed all over my virtual living room.  😄

Also even after switching cameras it didn't work right (I was floating in the air).  I noticed that the app removed the Oculus directory in the locallow area.  When I restored that things seemed to recover.  

FWIW, the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) lets you stop start and restart the service at will from a right click menu in the tool tray. For now you could manually stop the service with OTT and use OHMultiTool to change spaces, then restart service with OTT.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disc...

elboffor
Consultant

TickTock said:

Thanks for the feedback 🙂
As you know i was going to have you beta test for me, but i thought why not just share the wealth with the whole comunity 🙂

What ill do is make it so it stops the service, then prompt you to change the sensors, upon clicking OK itll restart everything.

As for the locallow business, this doesnt touch that folder. It moves around the sessions folder within %appdata%/oculus which is the equivelent of appdata/roaming.
That said ill run some tests and observe its behaviour.

Would it be useful to have a seperate stop start restart function? Personal preference is to have ot as automated as possible.