cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.12 Release Notes

cybereality
Level 16
  • Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam.
    • You'll no longer have to leave VR to finish installing new apps and games when they're done downloading if you have administrator privileges on your Windows User Account.
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Improved Oculus Home
      • Fixed issue with the appearance of Oculus Home on first launch.
    • Improved tracking quality with Oculus Rift and Touch.
      • Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away. We improved that process to be smoother and more reliable. We will continue to work on further improvements in these areas.
    • Improved support for Unity content.
      • Fixed freezing and black-screen issues when switching back to an app or game from Universal Menu, or when un-pausing an app or game.
      • Fixed texture rendering and color rendering issues for certain types of overlays.
    • Improved support for Unreal Engine UE4 content.
      • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
      • Fixed rendering efficiency issue with intermediate render targets.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
146 REPLIES 146

elboffor
Level 12
Loving the release notes buddy.
Some good detail there 🙂

Now just waiting patiently for it to drop 🙂

Edit:
What i particularly like about these release notes is the detail around why it didnt work previously. This is the type of detail that should be included with every change.

For my work i have to document all the changes i do and their related impact, these are then used not only in release notes but also in my yearly appraisals (nothing motivates people more than wage increases)
Maybe you could put that idea forward at your next round table.

One thing that isnt mentioned is 4 sensors, according to the beta testers the laggy hands has been fixed, do you have any input on that?
If so then thats the sort of stuff that should be in the notes. 

Either way, fantastic to see them posted in line with the software roll out 🙂
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

gamersbubu
Level 3
Its Happening!  6c2bi0acpcwj.png

Grimdanfango
Level 5
Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!

elboffor
Level 12

Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!

We only buy the hardware to justify these forums buddy.
This is the game, did you not know this?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

roadczar
Level 4
Thanks - best way to quiet 😉 the crowd. 

hoochyuk
Level 7
Look forward to giving it s bash

flexy123
Level 9
""
Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR.
These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in
1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away.
""

BRILLIANT! I would have been the perfect beta tester. Thanks, can't wait to try out!

ferch_
Level 2
  • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
Is this related to adaptive pd going crazy with ASW enabled, or is it something else?

Sanborn
Level 3
Ive been using 1.12 beta the last week, it's honestly awesome!