cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 2 Link Cable not connecting to the Oculus app

QPilot
Explorer

I have a very annoying problems.  I was able to connect the cable from my quest 2 to the pc and I would hear the connection sound from my pc as well. That I know it is connected.  In the vr, the messages, "allow to access to data" and I click deny as directed from oculus in order to use the app in the pc. So when I did it, the vr would go black for about a sec and send me back to the home screen and a disconnect and reconnect sound play from my pc play. And then the vr give me a notification saying, "Link app has stop working". I have even go out and buy 2 more quest to see if this was a defective or not. I even spend the whole day with the oculus chat support trying ALL the possible troubleshooting solutions and sending my PC log. And guess what? They don't know why this happen. I can not believe how much I spend for something small like this can be fix. So many other people having the same problem. I know it isn't my computer because it is pretty good for vr and gaming. 

My pc spec;

Cyberpowerpc Gamer Supreme

- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

- 64GB of RAM Memory

- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

- 7TB SSD

4× USB port

1× 3.0 USB port

1× 3.2 USB-C port

------------------------------------------------

I am very annoy as I do not want to return it because I already bought a few game from them. But when people ask me if I would recommend this to them. I will just tell them my problem I had with it and won't be happy to recommend it to anyone. 

Please note:

-All software on the pc and Quest 2 are up to date. 

-What I test the cable, it can't even start the test but able to detect the connection. 

-The air link option was off. 

-I am using a AMD Radeon gaming software(I haven't look much in this yet, not good enough to do it by myself)

-Done all the factory reset on the Quest.

-Disable the auto pc put USB to sleep in device manager. 

Any tip or advice is appreciated. 

Q.D
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Sorry to hear of all your problems mate, very sad.  All I can suggest is to get rid of your amd gaming software (= bloatware).  Also, maybe try a different gpu driver.  Seems many have had better luck rolling the driver to an earlier one.  I cannot say this would help since my nvidia gpu does not have any problems with Link, using the official link cable connected to my MB usb3.1 gen2 type-c port.  You may also want to try one of your usb3 ports with an adapter like this one;

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B074V4QBS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyway, good luck and I hope you finally get this going ok mate.  Cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Hey man, thank you for the reply and tip. I have even try a usbc to usb 3.0 adaptor as well and it still didn't work. But then I realized that I forgot to try to, "run as administrator" and when I did. It work. Lol. Idk why oculus support tech didn't know to try this at first. But I will check again today to see if this is only a lucky thing or actually work. I'll let u know

Q.D

Hello again, so I just try it again and it still didn't work. It probably just a luck thing.

Q.D
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?