cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus App 1.4 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
A new version of the Oculus app, version 1.4, releases today.
  • Improvements to performance and system stability

• Improvements to sensor tracking under certain circumstances

• Bug fixes and security updates, including updates to platform integrity checks

• AUD, CAD, Euro, Pound, and Yen currencies supported by all games in applicable markets

• With this update, version 16.5.2 of the AMD driver can cause flickering on your computer screen. AMD is working on a fix. If you encounter this issue, use the 16.5.1 driver: https://support.oculus.com/1426791537346223
Please keep in mind that the update is automatic, but may take a few days to propagate to all users. Thanks for your support.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
203 REPLIES 203

Zandil
Rising Star
AUD, CAD, Euro, Pound, and Yen currencies supported by all games in applicable markets.
Yay

kzintzi
Trustee
I notice that the store still lists our rifts in USD so we're still getting screwed by the exchange rates changing, which wouldn't be a problem if they'd actually shipped units to australia instead of screwing us over. 
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

cybereality
Grand Champion
This update is for the Oculus desktop app, not the web shop.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kzintzi
Trustee
With all due respect(and I mean that sincerely coz you've been as open a s you can be) I really don't care cyber. Getting really shitty now about the lack of fuck from oculus. I'm even taking the # out of my swearing now. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. We actually are trying our best, but there are various laws and logistical details that make it difficult to provide parity in price or shipping as we do in some other regions. Really sorry but we are making progress. Thanks.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
Nothing in here for the display issues which support has been investigating by disabling spud? Highly disappointing, given that was apparently top priority for the dev team.

kzintzi
Trustee

Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. We actually are trying our best, but there are various laws and logistical details that make it difficult to provide parity in price or shipping as we do in some other regions. Really sorry but we are making progress. Thanks.

ok fine, but why no shipping in Australia for weeks unless you're a Kickstarter backer?? they don't care about the changing dollar, they HAVE a unit they backed, paid for and have had for years.. sure getting a free unit is nice and all for them, but I WANT to give you money for this thing and you've not even given me the courtesy of being able to pay for it before the dollar gets shit.. telling me not charging me until it ships is a GOOD thing is bollocks, and telling me that free shipping is a GOOD thing and I should be thankful.. I am thankful, but if the price increases how is that actually compensation for the screw up it was supposed to say "sorry" for??

I can understand that you were trying your best (I'm an adult and I work for a large company and I understand things happen), but it's been weeks now and we were told that the shipping issues were FIXED.

we can see others in regions getting units and are at 40+ mins... I woke up at 2am and waited to order.. I didn't wait until morning (or for that matter, stop eating breakfast so I could goto the computer and click F5) and MAYBE think about ordering one - I set my alarm, I told everyone that I was doing it, I have waited and planned and looked forward to this thing for months and now all I feel is frustration and disappointment.. I managed to get an order at 8mins not 50. my original estimate was March when I ordered, then it changed to "sometime" in the LAST TWO WEEKS THAT HAVE JUST GONE. I've contacted support about this a few times and the replies have gone from "your estimate is accurate, please contact us if you don't get it so we 'can findout what is wrong' " to "it was only an estimate".

I had every single person give me cash for my birthday instead of something else so I could have the money to buy this and I've waited with that money for months, not buying other nice things with it.

I'm ringing my bank every 48 hours (and sit in a friken IVR queue for 30 mins each time) to tell them of an impending charge on my CC and it still hasn't happened in 3 weeks coz I foolishly assumed that you'd charge my account before my shipping window.

I've gone from someone who wanted to be an early adopter, who was excited and proud of being one, someone who's been saying how awesome this all is and Oculus are (I even thought the facebook acquisition was a good idea), and now I'm someone who would jump ship IF there was a better product on the market. I've gone from someone who was desperately looking forward to it, to someone who will like the unit but will be looking for ANY decent alternative in 2 years time..

I've devoted energy, time and money to this and your company, and I've gone from a fan who would only buy your product, to someone who will take the unit and look elsewhere, from someone who's defended comments, statements and bullshit to someone who wouldn't piss on you if you were burning in the street.

(all references to "you" are not you cyber, but a global generic royal "you")

I don't expect a reply, and I understand that even if you do reply that it's got to be a generic, placating reply but I hope for the love of god that you're going to someone who's looking at nice, bland, consumer market location numbers and telling them that people think they're being cocks about this..

Zentosi
Protege
I understand the frustration but is it really that big a deal? Annoying very much so but the end of the world? No.

kzintzi
Trustee
hey @Zentosi I'm not going to comment anymore (as cyber said "appropriate comments in the right threads"), coz even I'm getting tired of myself, except for one final thing to answer your question.. I've devoted a LOT of my time in good faith based on what I've been told by oculus (both here, reddit, and by Oculus support) to be ready for my shipment.