cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Borked my Rift - Want a Refund!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus Borked my Rift - Want a Refund! 

I will scream it from the rooftops until I get some service!!!
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't scream here as it is really a community help. Open a Support Ticket. You probably need to re-install full OS to newest edition 1809. Both my PCs are still stuck on 1803 and a System Restore has also stopped my Rift to open Home due to adding the Admin Shield on many Oculus files. I know that for a successful install it needed my Soundcard removed to rid conflicts first but this has added further issues by the Restore. It can not keep open the Rift Audio Driver over  a day either. I must simply use a full OS install and it will be the latest 1809 this time around. Oculus does have issues with keeping Permissions as they should be when first installed and sometimes do cause a loss of seeing your HMD like mine. Same when ppl get Graphics Driver issues and need to roll back and can cause other issues by doing so.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly thank you for offering advice.

I am on a VR ready laptop an ASUS ROG 503VM Strix, it is already on latest win 10 x64 os, everything is up to date. I work on this laptop music production and I will not uninstall everything. This is absolutely an Oculus issue and so Oculus need to sort it out.

And the more noise I make the less chance they can ignore it which has been their choice thus far. 

I have raised a support ticket... it goes unanswered

I posted in the support area of this board.. it goes unacknowledged.

Oculus needs to acknowledge this issue and if they don't I will force them to by bringing them under the scruitiny of the consumer regulators! 

animuchan
Honored Guest
Wow you're a spammer, so many posts. Get banned mate.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
There is no such thing as a VR ready laptop. I do hope you get your refund, but this is very much a user error.

Sneakygloworm
Expert Protege
Unfortunately, troubleshooting is a frustrating and sometimes futile episode but one which oculus will probably insist upon. My rift "stopped working" a few weeks ago. Screen was black, little sensor light was off and one room sensor was malfunctioning. Rift not showing in device manager and it seemed like it had literally died overnight. Logical troubleshooting fixed it in minutes.

1. Check faceplate connector is fully in.
2. Unplug and replug rift usb's while pc is on.
3. Update and / or reinstall graphics driver.
4. Reboot, try again.
5. Check on another pc
6. Wait for oculus to respond. 

It could be that your rift has passed away. It happens. I never expect a support response from ANY company over the weekend and would expect to wait until at least Tuesday afternoon for a reply. 

Don't rant at oculus. It's a mass produced product and somewhere along the line, products break. Oculus don't know what you are running on your laptop. How it's set up or what changes you have made from the out of the box state. It's entirely possible your laptop has issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah lots of threads now...
Oh well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Music Production PC Desktop (Dell T5400) is an old Xeon Quad Dual 3GHz e5450 yet it can run VR well with either GTX970 or my current GTX1080 although I did need a Hacked Installer. I have 2 dedicated Pro Soundcards and both do have issues for new installs in conflicts. They both need to be removed and install Rift fully first. Then I add my Soundcards (one is an XiFi for gaming) and the Pro Music DAW card consumes all available audio streams as their software ceased support since Win7. I must therefore Disable the WDM Driver which I never require as all this does is send computer sound into the card. Then the Rift's mic fully functions else it got blocked in Elite:Dangerous. 

For VR with a Laptop I thought you could get enough power via an external Graphics Card as they don't have enough power as mini cards in them.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

I see your Issue you bought Asus.

Those guys went way down in quality when they started mass producing.

My MSI GT83VR runs my Rift no issues.

WAAAGH!

Digikid1
Consultant

Morgrum said:

I see your Issue you bought Asus.

Those guys went way down in quality when they started mass producing.

My MSI GT83VR runs my Rift no issues.

LOL!!!!!!

I think that MSI is crap and had LOADS of issues with MSI......where I have had ZERO issues with Asus. Go figure. 

Fact is he simply should NOT have gotten a laptop. Should have gotten a desktop computer instead. 

Going around and saying that he will “make so much noise so that they will have to notice me” sounds like a spoiled brat throwing a temper tantrum screaming ME ME ME!!!  I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!! while laying down on the floor while bawling and punching and kicking it.  Either put in a support ticket and contact Oculus or suffer. Your choice and your choice alone.