cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Discount Codes

arczi79
Protege

Does anyone know how works the FB system for the Discount Codes distribution? I am active Quest user for a few years already (Rift CV1, Quest) and I never got personal discount code from the FB. I see how some my friends posting information that they've got the second, third, fouth discount code in a period of last year.... Oculus Support wrote me that there is no any specific requirement and it is enough to sign up for the Oculus promotional emails - but honestly - I don''t believe it. It is not possible to get 4-5 discount codes (without any specific privileges) in a period of 1 year if there are people who didn't get any codes in a period of 4 years (especially that I have multiple examples of people who get more than 3-4 codes in period of last year). Does anyone has any clue how it work and what to do get more privileges from the FB algorithm?

10 REPLIES 10

arczi79
Protege

Any ideas what's going on with these codes? Why does it work in such a strange way?

If they're random, that would explain it.

And as far as I know they're random.

These codes are not random. Guys I know get these codes regularly (I mean - VERY regularly). 

FB - a huge machine that nobody knows about anymore ... it just happens .... algorithms, algorithms, algorithms ... eh ...  😞

niklas.fritzell
Protege

It appears to me that they have a "the less you buy the more you save" policy. I almost didn't buy anything for half a year. Got a discount code for ten bucks. One month later I got another. Then I started buying games and tadaa no more discounts (if you don't count the ridiculously cheap quest 2 as a discount in itself)

@niklas.fritzell  - I had very simmilar suspicion... Currently I have really big library of games on Quest... but to test that "idea" with codes for users of Quest who are not buying anything - about 3 months ago I stopped to buy games on Oculus platform .. and still nothing - no codes. Maybe Quest 1 users are excluded? 😕

I have a Quest 1 and I'm definitely not excluded.

The thing with randomness is, there will be patterns. If it's based on buying less, that would probably be a sensible move from Oculus but I have doubts.

arczi79
Protege

@DaftnDirect - there has to be something... my observation of a members of one forum suggest me that people are getting these codes (rather frequently).

You could be right about it being based on what you buy... I don't really have any way of knowing, but Quest 1 exclusion definitely isn't a thing, I had one maybe 4 months ago.

arczi79
Protege

I didn't buy anything for a while now nad absolutely zero - I didn't get anything from FB... and still my firends were getting cupons. Last time it stopped - looks like Oculus switched to "recommendation" program 😕