cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus' Latest Kick to the Groin...UPS Ground Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable
For anyone who doesn't already know the new big deal on Reddit after several people saw their rifts ship yesterday/today was that they were shipped UPS ground and it was just confirmed that Oculus made the decision to change their shipping patterns from UPS air delivery overnight to UPS Ground which they said should only be an average of 2-3 more days or so for the typical customer depending on where you're located from the warehouse.  When questioned over this, their response was that it was always Oculus' intention to eventually switch and that the expedited mailing method was never intended to be a forever thing and they made this comment as if customers should have simply known it ahead of time.

I hate to say this but to me it seems just another huge kick to the groin to those of us shafted enough already who were supposed to be in the first or second wave and found our rifts significantly delayed as the entire first six weeks of orders found overnighted mailing and now those of us already waiting the longest also being Day One pre-orders have to wait a few more days.  I know it's only a couple more added days but simply seems to be another slap in the face to their most die hard supporters.  I so want to still be an enthusiast and love them, but darn Oculus if you don't make it hard to try and have your back every step of the way.
44 REPLIES 44

dXxSHAGGYxXb
Honored Guest
This is something that is not that big of a deal, got my tracking number today on Wednesday and is said to be at my home on Friday. Im there with you about it kinda sucking, but we did get free shipping so its alright. Iv been checking my tracking number every 30 mins since iv gotten it cant wait.

blue-steel
Expert Protege
Oculus doesn't care cause you guys are still waiting for rifts. That's the problem. Until you speak with your wallet they will keep bending you over because you are letting them

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either they don't care or they don't learn. Why would they let this be a surprise? If they'd just said overnight was temporary at the outset, people would get it when it ends instead of being outraged over losing something they felt they already had. Easy. I don't know which is worse, but neither is good.

Dangerous2women
Expert Protege
I'm reading these forums and the hits just keep on coming! I'm actually afraid to ever do business with oculus again!!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
While some are afraid to do business with Oculus, I'm afraid to continue using their Rift in horror VR... cause it's just so damn R-E-A-L !!

By this time next week I hope most of you who really did order a Rift finally get your shipment. See ya in VR soon 😉

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

should only be an average of 2-3 more days or so for the typical customer

OMG, the horror, waiting for years and have to wait half a percent longer?  How will anyone cope?

Anonymous
Not applicable
People are now really grasping at straws to find things that can put Oculus in a negative light... In Europe shipping already took several days. Heck, I live 80km away from the distribution warehouse and it still took 3 days for my Rift to arrive.

blue-steel
Expert Protege

DannyMNL said:

People are now really grasping at straws to find things that can put Oculus in a negative light... In Europe shipping already took several days. Heck, I live 80km away from the distribution warehouse and it still took 3 days for my Rift to arrive.

Ground can take up to 5-7 Business days.  UPS actually has a service for 2nd day deliveries

Chewie71
Adventurer
I can wait a little longer, but Oculus had better get their shit together.
I can wait a little longer, but I'm getting tired of waiting.
I can wait a little longer, but dammit Oculus, this is the last straw!
I can wait a little longer, It's only a few more days.
Hey look! Rift 2 is out!
I think I'll wait before I buy.