cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Need To Update Recommended Specs

scottycam
Level 2
Currently Oculus say that the recommended specs for the Operating System is Windows 7 SP1 or newer.

With every rift being shipped with an Xbox one controller and likely every game going to use it they need to update the recommended Operating System. The Xbox one controller will only be usable with Windows 10, so this is actually the minimum OS required.
22 REPLIES 22

andrewtek
Level 4
Kevin, has it been confirmed that the Elite controller will be the version included? If so... Cool.

genetransfer
Level 3
"scottycam" wrote:
Currently Oculus say that the recommended specs for the Operating System is Windows 7 SP1 or newer.

With every rift being shipped with an Xbox one controller and likely every game going to use it they need to update the recommended Operating System. The Xbox one controller will only be usable with Windows 10, so this is actually the minimum OS required.

Technically devs can decide what ever controller they want to support (I'm supporting mouse+keyboard,generic gamepad, xbox360 controller). I hope oculus share doesn't force you to have to use xbox one controller in your application (might be able to get my hands on one before launch though I guess). I see this decision to include xboxone controller with rift is going to confuse the average consumer new to pc being op thinks it's a requirement for the rift - but it's just an option (unless we havn't been informed otherwise). (I will upgrade to win10 eventually just not in a rush to do so - migration is yuck).

jngdwe
Level 3
The Xbox One controllers are all wireless, and they all support standard USB through the charging port. The drivers currently work fine with Windows 7.