cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest VR Headsets Accounts for More Than 60% of Steam VR

kevinw729
Level 16

kevinw729_0-1626337356871.png

https://www.roadtovr.com/facebook-oculus-headsets-more-than-60-vr-headsets-used-on-steam-quest-2/amp...

Congratulations to all the team at Oculus and Facebook Reality Labs for this amazing achievment. 

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
58 REPLIES 58

RuneSR2
Level 16

How do we promote and support PCVR even more? I do agree that's it's a great way to spread the word about new PCVR games by posting your own impressions. I do post both negative and positive reviews - just checking the last 3 months or so (since April 2021):

I've written positive reviews for (Steam and Oculus Store):

Catch & Release (I know I was late to do that, lol)

SuperHyperCube

Star Wars Squadrons (better late than never, now I could include 3090 results)

Eleven Table Tennis - based on the Legacy version

Project Cars 3

Surv1v3

DeepStates

The Persistence Enhanced

MaskMaker

Alyx (late and very short, because there're already plenty of reviews)

Room VR (late, but this game deserves it)

Ballbek Reborn Temples

Radial-G

Pollinator Park

Melita: A human journey

Into The Radius (also made a thread to spread the word: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Games-and-Apps/Into-the-Radius-is-awesome-with-the-Rift-CV1-impressio...

- also I made several threads about new and upcoming potentially great VR games in this forum and also many on Reddit. Since April I've made about 20 threads in this forum trying to promote current and upcoming VR games - find them all here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/928593

Also promoted about 20 games on Reddit the last 3 months. 

Of course not all games and apps are roses and violets, my negative reviews since April:

Sniper Elite VR

Disco Elysium

Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (every Index owner seem to love this app, felt like a boring gun sim to me with little content)

Floor Plan 2

Also how many new PCVR games have you bought the last 3 months? Even if I did refund a few, I ended up with 17 PCVR games since April - just did the math - that's a total of exactly $243 spent on PCVR games since April. In detail, $195 on Steam and $48 in the Oculus Store. I usually prefer Steam especially for games with native Oculus driver support, and also for the Index. Furthermore Steam still has sales (I would have paid much more than about $250 if I had to pay the full prices). I fully support the Oculus Store for games not available on Steam - or if I value native driver support - for example I paid the full price for Into the Radius using the Oculus Store, I wanted CV1 oled for that game. 

How much have you spent on PCVR games since April 2021? That could be interesting - maybe I'm in the low end only supporting devs with $250 - but that's still close to $1,000 per year if I keep up my standard spendings 😇

Many seem to talk the talk, but buy no or very few PCVR games to support the devs. Opening the wallet and buying new PCVR games (to walk the walk) may be quite a different discussion... 

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

I promote PC-VR quite often across some various flight sim forums. 

Have helped quite a number of folks get into VR with their flight simulators.

Edit: And just for the record, that is with any headsets including Rift and Quest.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

@RuneSR2 wrote:

maybe I'm in the low end only supporting devs with $250 - but that's still close to $1,000 per year if I keep up my standard spendings

Many seem to talk the talk, but buy no or very few PCVR games to support the devs. Opening the wallet and buying new PCVR games (to walk the walk) may be quite a different discussion... 

Spending money is far from "walking the walk." Let's be honest, all you do is talk about the money you spend (between the Index thread, GPU thread, and your review Threads). But isn't that just more "talking the talk" ?? 

Lets remember that your reviews rarely have anything to do with the PCVR titles themselves, but more about your own gaming rig. Your reviews are all the same, and fall in to 2 categories:

• Super Sampling is supported and polycounts are good on my personal gaming PC, so buy the game.
  • Super Sampling is not supported and polycounts are bad on my personal gaming PC, so don't buy the game.

Sorry, but that is not "walking the walk," Rating a game low due to polycount does not constitute "supporting PCVR."

If anything, this type of approach only further creates a divide with the whole PC Master Race on one side, and everyone else on the other.

Making it seem as if PCVR is geared towards the PC Master Race does not support a positive PCVR community.

And I say that as someone who fell in to the PC Master Race for quite a few years. I've spent over $7,000 just on a gaming rig, and I am also a Software Engineer who gets paid to work on development efforts in the whole of the Info Tech world; from networking to hardware to software. Usually someone who falls in to the PC Master Race category does so by action (walking the walk) in multiple aspects of the PC lifestyle, not just by spending money and then posting about it (talking the talk).

I for one appreciate your reviews @RuneSR2 .

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

@RuneSR2 wrote:

also I made several threads about new and upcoming potentially great VR games in this forum and also many on Reddit. Since April I've made about 20 threads in this forum trying to promote current and upcoming VR games - find them all here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/928593

I admit that I rarely read those threads you create because they are, in all honesty, hard to read. It's a wall of pictures every time that tell me nothing about the gaming experience.

Maybe if I were a Videophile then sure, I'd love that approach where I only care if the graphics are pretty. But I've been a gamer since the Atari 2600 days and some of my most memorable gaming experiences are with titles that have very sub-par graphics.

Zenbane_0-1626627612347.png

Having been a member of this forum since 2016, I can attest to the fact that the Oculus VR community tends to attract old school gamers who appreciate games for the experiences they provide, not the visuals they present. So all those threads you create that are about rating a game solely on its visuals don't really offer much for anyone looking for more in a VR title.

Rather than focus on your own threads, you should consider looking back at some of the great community threads of the past, that focused on VR Enthusiasts. Such as the when superllama brought us all Morrowind to the Rift for free.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Showcase/Morrowrift-Morrowind-VR-CV1-1-3-alpha-v-3-0-2/m-p/108172

And that's just one of many examples of community members bringing old (low graphic quality) games to PCVR.

Now THAT is walking the walk, wouldn't you say?

Dear @RuneSR2 - let me first thank you for the help you have offered the VR community, and especially the new posters on this forum. Since being on this forum from 2013 it is great to see the spirit of the community encapsulated in a free sharing of information and avoiding an invested attitude, Please keep up the great work, and we hope that we can widen the discussion in due course. 

https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

@kevinw729 wrote:

it is great to see the spirit of the community encapsulated in a free sharing of information and avoiding an invested attitude,

I would love to see an avoidance of an invested attitude as well. In particular, I think Rune's review posts would serve the community in a more constructive light if those posts avoided the investment attitude of "Dedicated PCVR > Everything else."

I would also ask that you consider avoiding the investment attitude of "VR Arcades > Home VR."

While it is natural that members of the official Oculus forum may lean towards an attitude that reflects investment in Oculus products and services, a lot of the current console war rhetoric tends to come in the form of "reactions" to the investment attitudes mentioned above.

Perhaps if we could all work to treat the entire forum in the same manner that Rune and others ask the Index thread to be treated, then we'd see less of the investment attitude that you speak of. Just a thought!

😊

Yeah, Rune has no need to explain himself or his reviews to anyone, you keep on doing what you do sir because you are more genial and freindly to everyone in the community and have been more active in promoting Vr as a whole with all its different hardware and software across many platforms, so take no notice of the naysayers and please continue on unabated sir, you are doing good for VR and this community overal, i salute you sir. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I think this thread has run its course tbh. What say we move on.

And as per the very first comment, congratulations to Oculus and the team 🙂

Thread closed.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)