cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift DK2 Skin Irritation

Morkatog
Explorer
As the topic indicates, I noticed that the Oculus Rift DK2 is giving me quite a bit of skin irritation.

The foam of the goggles feels quite soft to the touch, but If I use the Rift for longer then let's say 30 minutes I notice that the skin areas where the Rift touches my face will turn red and will also feel a bit irritated, comparable to cases of severe dehydration (in my case at least).

Has anyone else noticed this or any tips on how to counter this?
5 REPLIES 5

saviornt
Protege
Sounds like you might have a skin allergy to the material. In any case, do what my drill sergeant always told us when something was wrong; drink water.
Current WIPs using Unreal Engine 4: Agrona - Tales of an Era: Medieval Fantasy MORPG

MikeF
Trustee
I've noticed this too. After a long day of developing my forehead starts becoming quite irritated. The Dk1 was way more comfortable for long periods of time. I think the best option is to grab one of those cotton covers that went up for sale recently

ThreeEyes
Explorer
I don't have mine yet to actually say for sure, but http://www.vrcover.com looks to have some really nice covers that might help you as Mike suggested.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have that problem as well, and im just using some form of duct tape, which also keeps the foam clean.

Morkatog
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The VR cover site definately looks interesting.

I don't believe a lack of water is the problem here as I drink +- 3l per day and also after I noticed the skin irritation I may have drunk even more without it solving the problem.

As for the quote, I understand that it's a developer kit, but I also believe the developers should be aware of possible issues such as these so they may research whether or not something needs to be or can be done about it.