cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Pre-Orders to Open on January 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/oculu ... january-6/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
104 REPLIES 104

KBK
Protege
The minimum expectation, in the world of manufacturing devices for the public, is that a newer than CV1 model will not appear for approximately 18 months.

That is the usual design cycle and what the public will accept, as minimums go. Ie, sooner than that, is not feasible and generally not considered acceptable by the public.

That the worst case scenario, as electronics business projections go.....is that your purchase has a minimum of an 18 month lifespan before a replacement (CV2, CV1.2, etc) arrives on the scene (from the same given company).

Considering the unique position that the CV1 occupies and how Oculus is going to (to a given certain extent) slip into organized and streamlined preexisting marketing systems (gaming cycles, for example).... I'd almost project a replacement CV1.1 or CV2, whatever, in November 2017.
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?

LKostyra
Protege
Well, guess it is a good thing that January 6th is a free day at Poland... 😄

Dear my bank account,

Sorry

xoxo
Your Owner
DK1: Received DK2: (Jan 26) Pending => (2nd Feb) Processing => (3rd Feb) Shipped => (6th Feb) Received CV1: (Jan 6) Pending Rig: i7 4770 / GA-Z87X-D3H / GTX 760 / 16GB RAM

360FOV
Honored Guest
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”

The future is here. DAY 1 starts January 6, 2016.
“My ally is the Force. Life creates it, makes it grow. It’s energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock…everywhere!"

ChrissCross
Honored Guest
YEeeehaaaa... let the price guessing begin (as if this hasn't started already :P). I say 429$... Anyways.. Great start of 2016.. WOOT WOOT! 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
More info needed Cyber please. It would be a shame to get the hopes up for those outside of the US only to have them dashed come Wednesday when the pre-order page says NA shipping only at this time.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

"Shadowmask72" wrote:
More info needed Cyber please. It would be a shame to get the hopes up for those outside of the US only to have them dashed come Wednesday when the pre-order page says NA shipping only at this time.

That, would NOT be good!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Lemming1970
Rising Star
"CountBorgula" wrote:
Is this just for the USA? If so, what about the rest of the world?

No mention of USA only.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Untitled
Explorer
my wallet is ready

nvstewart
Explorer
Does anybody know, that, if I pre-order, will they take the money out of my account instantly, or when they ship the unit?

Cyber, do you have any info on this please?

Voldemordred
Honored Guest
Heyyyyy!!!!! My VR account shall now be emptied.. Go Rift!!! It's your birthday!!!!