cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S buyers Remorse

Makamboy
Honored Guest

I have recently purchased the Oculus Rift S.

Two weeks later its announced that this device is end of line.  Existing stock sold will not be replaced.

All I see is Oculus Quest 2 new features,  The exclusive Star Wars game.  Wire free PC VR. Nothing regarding the Rift S. 

Are there going to be any updates to the Rift S in the future?  Is it going to get any more love from Oculus?   Did I go the wrong way? Did I buy a turkey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kakek
Protege

A bit, but it's not that bad.

No, you won't get any update, other than bug correction. No new features, no improvement.

And the quest exclusives are probably mostly the develloper's choice.

The Quest sold much better than PC VR headsets ever did. Mobile games are already a much bigger market, so you can expect most games to be develloped with quest in mind. Some of them will port them to PC, and other will not even bother.

And it's not likely Facebook is pushing very hard for PC port to be made either. Mostly, I think they don't care. PCVR is where the best game made by passion are, but Autonomous VR is where the money is.

But also...

You headset might not get new functions, but it will still work fine. It won't get any less good, compatibility will be maintained. It's not like the headset has any major bug and you got an unstable product. It doesn't really NEED any improvement.

Facebook is still releasing Lone Echo 2, it's biggest game yet, made for PC only !

It's steamVR compatible, so you still get any Steam games as well.

For now, most quest games still gets a PC port. It might not look awesome, but it's still something.

So all in one ...

Yeah, you should have gone for the Quest 2. Clearly.

But also it's not that bad. You still get what was sold to you, there will still be new games, it will still be maintained.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kakek
Protege

A bit, but it's not that bad.

No, you won't get any update, other than bug correction. No new features, no improvement.

And the quest exclusives are probably mostly the develloper's choice.

The Quest sold much better than PC VR headsets ever did. Mobile games are already a much bigger market, so you can expect most games to be develloped with quest in mind. Some of them will port them to PC, and other will not even bother.

And it's not likely Facebook is pushing very hard for PC port to be made either. Mostly, I think they don't care. PCVR is where the best game made by passion are, but Autonomous VR is where the money is.

But also...

You headset might not get new functions, but it will still work fine. It won't get any less good, compatibility will be maintained. It's not like the headset has any major bug and you got an unstable product. It doesn't really NEED any improvement.

Facebook is still releasing Lone Echo 2, it's biggest game yet, made for PC only !

It's steamVR compatible, so you still get any Steam games as well.

For now, most quest games still gets a PC port. It might not look awesome, but it's still something.

So all in one ...

Yeah, you should have gone for the Quest 2. Clearly.

But also it's not that bad. You still get what was sold to you, there will still be new games, it will still be maintained.

Phiwave
Explorer

take care of the wire whit your life. you wont get any support o replace for any part.

pr0dukt
Honored Guest

Yeah the stingy pricks completely pulled the replacement parts off the shelves and barred any 3rd party retailers from producing or selling them. So once you're Rift S cord inevitably wears to tatters, you'll be SoL on ever using your Rift S again, and Oculus couldn't give two **bleep**s about any woes you may have about it..

**bleep**ing capitalist garbage company.