cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift.... focus enhancer?

Walky
Level 3
After two days of using the rift, even with the motion sickness issues, there's something that caught my attention. I've been able to see far away objects much sharper than I was able before, as if my sight was getting trained at infinity focus (which makes sense, I guess). I think I can also distinguish things from across the room, like small text, a bit better (Since I work at home at the PC I don't focus at long distances so often).

Has this happened to you?
4 REPLIES 4

lupinglade
Level 4
I think I've noticed this as well. What eye cups are you using? Are you near sighted?

Walky
Level 3
Not near sighted at all.
I was using the B cups just because of the bigger sweet spot, but then switched back to the A cups as I think the limited FOV was adding dizziness and eye strain, like looking through rolls of toilet paper (less reference points when looking around). I still have a hard time sometimes getting the sweet spot right on both eyes, probably because one of my eyes is slightly lower than the other.

darren
Level 2
You're still in the Rift.
"Collecting user blood samples is critical for the operation of the device. We have struggled with our ability to communicate our vision about how user blood sample collection is the future of VR gaming." - Microsoft

Walky
Level 3
"darren" wrote:
You're still in the Rift.

Then it seems they accidentally sent me an 8K prototype 😄