cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch might be $400, would you still buy it?

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
Since Oculus can price Touch controllers as high as they want, knowing that without it people with the Rift cannot have the "full VR experience" and they will probably buy it anyway.
If it's more than $200 I won't buy it for sure. What about you?
106 REPLIES 106

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
If you are skeptical on the price, just remember when Palmer stated that the CV1 would have been in the $350 range... Just saying...

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
After a week with the Rift they pretty much have my full attention. I haven't invested in gaming gear since 2008, when I bought a new gaming rig hoping to enjoy the MMO, Age of Conan. After that disappointment I have turned my attention to small business and extreme casual gaming. Now, 8 years later, the Rift has saved the day. And my petty cash budget for gaming has been collecting dust lol

That said, $400 does seem a bit high if it is "only" for a single product extension. At the very least it should come with some added bonuses, like Store credit or new games.

wereman
Protege
As long as I can get it near my expected Oculus date (August, so not likely) I will be happy. 
I'm on the fence because I will probably stick to gamepad games, but the novelty of Touch might be worth experiencing.

Aldha
Protege
$400? Sure, if it came with a $300 oculus store credit.

Cosmic_Gate
Protege
$400 would be completely unjustifiable.... IMHO

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
You know, I was going to say they'd never do that.  That they've already pissed off most of their fan base, but then they pull the "Hey good news, never you mind that pre-order you placed the very first day, we're going to give priority to retail stores, buy it there!!"  garbage...so, it's altogether possible Touch will be some ridiculous excessive amount without a damn given.  

btw, I already have mine, I'm just annoyed for the rest of you.

MarkDeane
Explorer

wereman said:

As long as I can get it near my expected Oculus date (August, so not likely) I will be happy. 
I'm on the fence because I will probably stick to gamepad games, but the novelty of Touch might be worth experiencing.

Having hands in VR is not a novelty that wears off, it is what makes VR, VR.

Kayos
Protege
It should be included in the price we already paid.  If it's more than $100 I won't buy it.

shadowfrogger
Heroic Explorer
There should be a option of I am so unhappy but have no choice but to get it.
Visit my amateur homegrown indie game company website! http://www.gaming-disorder.com/