cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch pre-orders October 10th - Ships December 6th for $199

GenetixStudio
Level 9
UPDATED:
Oculus Touch will cost $199, shipping on December 6th. Pre-orders began on October 10th!

Original Post:
Here we are just a few hours from the OC3 Keynote, in which we will hopefully finally get some solid information about the Touch release date and price - unless Amazon already made that information available earlier this morning.

http://uploadvr.com/amazon-leaks-possible-oculus-touch-date-price/

148 REPLIES 148

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

mbze430 said:

PT = Pacific Time, PST = Pacific STANDARD Time, PDT = Pacific DAYLIGHT Time.

November 6th 2016 is when we change over to Daylight Saving Time.

I live in California.  

This post was posted at 2:49PM (14:49) PST

This is actually backwards. It is currently Daylight Savings Time in the USA and Canada (PDT in California, which is UTC-7). Daylight Savings Time ends on November 6, when we switch to Standard Time, until March 2017, when we go back to DST. We spend most of the year in DST these days.

Anyway, pre-order start time doesn't matter too much if you pre-ordered the Rift. As long as you place your Touch pre-order before Oct. 27 (using the same email address as your Rift order), you'll get your priority place in line based on your Rift pre-order.

For those who didn't pre-order the Rift, even if you manage to place your Touch order at the moment pre-orders go live on the 10th, everyone with a Rift pre-order will get bumped ahead of you when they place their orders.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

AHeckman
Level 5

AHeckman said:

still waiting to find out if they will ship to FPO/APO now.  They said they could with the Rift, only to crush my dreams and force me to use a family member to ship it.  Turned out to be expensive free shipping.

My gut tells me to call your family member and give them a heads up.

I am all set to be told they can, only to find out they can't all over again.

inovator
Level 12
Better late them never

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@nalex66 so PT is different from PDT which is an hour different with UTC. So DST comes about in Nov? Ahhh OK PT,not PDT then UTC then DST. Thank God for GMT that changes in Oct from ST to WT. That's that sorted 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

AQfumes
Level 5
So does anyone have a link to where you can pre order with Amazon or is still up? 

OpticKing
Level 11
The uk amazon took the pre-order page down, in fact they removed oculus touch entirely. However the american amazon is still up, but will only start pre order on the 10th.
https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch-Pc/dp/B01BHMS88A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475809699&sr=8-1&keywor...

heynewt
Level 4
I think @kethianw had it right.  Preorder doesn't mean we get it sooner.  Just means we're first in line.  If demand is off the chart, we're guaranteed to get one.  This game I saw previewed today, Lone Echo, looks like it was built for VR and especially for the dexterity of Touch.  According to a developer I talked to recently at a meetup, Touch controller is miles ahead of Vive's controller in what it allows you to do with your hands.  I hope Lone Echo is out for Christmas.  http://uploadvr.com/lone-echo-oculus-touch/

mbze430
Level 7

nalex66 said:

mbze430 said:

PT = Pacific Time, PST = Pacific STANDARD Time, PDT = Pacific DAYLIGHT Time.

November 6th 2016 is when we change over to Daylight Saving Time.

I live in California.  

This post was posted at 2:49PM (14:49) PST

Yes mine is backwards, sorry!
i7-6900k @ 4.4ghz | Kingston Hyper 64GB DDR4 @ 3000mhz | SLI Nvidia Titan Xp | ASUS Strix Gaming X99 | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe/NVMe | 3x Samsung Pro 850 512GB RAID0 | 2x Samsung Pro 850 1TB RAID1 | Corsair AX1500i | Custom Water Cooling | Thermaltake Core X5

AQfumes
Level 5

OpticKing said:

The uk amazon took the pre-order page down, in fact they removed oculus touch entirely. However the american amazon is still up, but will only start pre order on the 10th.
https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Touch-Pc/dp/B01BHMS88A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475809699&sr=8-1&keywor...

Oh great. Thanks for the response. 

Flausn
Level 5
why preorder media markt amazon will have them on 21. november. greez