cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Wildt @MPires Well, i would currently put that in the realm of "plausible". I do not think there's a easy "straight forward" way of doing it without somewhat "hacking" the runtime, but i'm not really the one for that mission. 😃
However, with the Rift S's software IPD settings i would hope there to be some light at the end of the tunnel once the Rift S is released. Hopefully those changes and settings might be applicable to the CV1 in some form. We'll have to wait a bit and see how that will be done.

MPires
Heroic Explorer
Thanks Apollyon.

FolkSong
Expert Protege
@ApollyonVR A little bug for you: In the voice command editing screen I have some commands disabled, and enabling them doesn't work. They just continue to say "False" after I set them to "True".

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@FolkSong  Thanks buddy, will fix that (after the weekend) and get you an update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ApollyonVR
Hi mate, I was finally able to re-install Oculus Home 2.0 succesfully and now OTT 0.86 beta is working perfectly well. Thanks for all your continued great work. The app is definitely one of the most usefull tools for the Rift!

digitalmonk
Explorer
Installed the latest ott version and now none of my profiles are loading. Also the hud is no longer displaying. Been searching the net for hours now trying to figure out both issues but no luck. Any ideas ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ApollyonVR did a clean install of Windows, Oculus, and Steam and now the Fresco registry tweaks and power management are grayed out. I decided not to manually install Fresco Logic drivers because Fresco and MS say that the build in windows 10 drivers are preferred. Does OTT only work if you manually install older fresco drivers?

xeno3d
Adventurer
Is the default super sampling level supposed to be 0 or 1.0?  I did a fresh install of the latest version and it defaulted to 0.  Also the USB selective suspend says not available and doesn't let me select Disabled

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ApollyonVR another issue I was thinking about is that if I let my computer go to sleep, when I wake it I have poor sensor tracking (because of the Fresco power management being grayed out?). The sensor errors and tracking problems can be resolved by: rebooting, signing out and back in, and I'm thinking possibly unplugging and re-plugging sensors, or restarting the Oculus service (I'm not 100% sure but I think I've solved it this way a few times using your awesome tool), so I was wondering if you could add a function that automatically restarts the Oculus service when the computer wakes up or the user has to sign in.  

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@counterfeit187 The Fresco drivers must be installed. A lot of users find that just using the Microsoft provided drivers works best, and no tweaks needed (and not possible), and some users find that runnig the Fresco drivers with the tweaks from OTT works best.

@xeno3d SS '0' and ASW 'Auto' are the default states. After you change the value it should be applied when OTT starts. When OTT closes, it will reset SS and ASW to default states. This is also what happens when you start/stop the Oculus service. SS 0 means OTT will not make any changes at all to SS, while any other value will be applied.

@digitalmonk Send me a pm with the ott.log and we'll take a look.

Cheers!