cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just hope that this new Quest Link addition to ODT does not screw up how OTT works with our Rifts.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer

TomCgcmfc said:

I just hope that this new Quest Link addition to ODT does not screw up how OTT works with our Rifts.

No reason why it should. If it would, it already should have happened, whether Quest Link features got added to OTT or not. The way the Quest Link feature works, the Link just uses the same Oculus driver the other Rift headsets uses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shooter80 said:

ApollyonVR said: 
current version: 0.86.3.1
Is there anywhere to get older versions of this tool? I have it set to open on startup and at least 70% of the time it gets stuck on "Starting up, please wait...". I've read older versions (84/85) don't do this (or are much less likely to do so) so I'd like to try that.

I really want to like the program, but since it breaks more often than it works, its kinda hard.

(Also, when I delete entries out of the Libraries list, they are back again whenever I restart it)

Same here, I ran version 0.86.3.1 and 0.85.4 and I got the same problem in both versions. I have this message in the log tab: "Exception on startup: Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path ", Line.....etc". Never had this problem with version 0.85.4. I restarted it in Debug Mode and killed it with Task Manager after a few minutes, no luck... I tried reinstalling it all from zero, even reseting all settings to default but I still got the same issue.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

No reason why it should. If it would, it already should have happened, whether Quest Link features got added to OTT or not. The way the Quest Link feature works, the Link just uses the same Oculus driver the other Rift headsets uses.

Ya, no reason but ever since Quest Link beta the Oculus Rift (S and cv1) related updates have been very buggy.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Cain_Bloodbane
Adventurer

TomCgcmfc said:

TomCgcmfc said:

Ya, no reason but ever since Quest Link beta the Oculus Rift (S and cv1) related updates have been very buggy.

Yes, but I am thinking the problem might be more with the Oculus driver than with OTT. OTT mainly just helps use features we already had available with the Oculus debug tools and such.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Rycumato This does not look like  the same issue that the others have been seeing. That issue was related to not having any enabled audio devices. I have fixed that issue in the latest build (which is not public yet). Your problem looks to be different though. If you could message/email me a debug log i'll take a look and we'll sort it out.

Cheers!

Netheri
Rising Star
Have all you guys having the start-up error and other errors given the  OTT the administrative right and set it on "start with windows" with the timed event option? I mean every time in this 2 years period that i've used the program and had problems with this great free (donations ppl, donations!) software, ApollyonVR has fixed them OR the fault's been on me. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

jones1876
Explorer
With the release of v12 for the Oculus PC runtime, we now allow overriding the default Oculus Link Resolution using the Oculus Debug Tool (ODT) which is located under the .\Support\oculus-diagnostics\ folder of the Oculus PC runtime install path (e.g. c:\program Files\Oculus). 

In ODT, find the "Oculus Link" section with "Encode Resolution Width" and "Distortion Curvature". Also note the "Pixels Per Display Pixel Override" (short "Pixel Density") value up top

Can these new oculus link settings be adjusted in OTT?  Or do i need to use ODT?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I think you need to use ODT to adjust Quest Link settings.  Maybe when the Quest Link is actually out of Beta OTT can be modified to include these.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@jones1876 Like Tom said, for now you need to use ODT for the Oculus Link options. I have reached out to Oculus as i need to get some clarification on some things first, but i aim to add them to OTT. The "Pixel Density" setting can however be set, it's called Super Sampling in OTT. So just create a Profile for your game, set the Super Sampling value, and keep OTT running when you start the game.

Cheers!