cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Level 8
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 04/20
Thanks to my awesome girlfriend, OTT now has a new home! Check out the new website over at https://apollyonvr.wixsite.com/vrtools for current and future downloads. Feel free to continue
using this forum for discussions and bug reports.

Cheers!
1,847 REPLIES 1,847

keem85
Level 4
I can't seem to add profiles. More often than not, that OK button is greyed out.. What can be the cause of this?

iye1ibk2bcx3.png

Also what are all this new ASW options? The help file or the tip didn't tell me enough about it.. I thought Oculus Rift only had 3 modes?

ApollyonVR
Level 8
@keem85 My bad, old bug, will fix. As a workaround you can first select something from the dropdown list of games/apps.
The OK button should now be enabled. After that, hit the browse button and find what you actually want to add. The OK button should still be enabled now allowing you to add the profile. The titles of the profile (e.g. game/app) might need to be manually edited as it might still reflect what you selected previously.

Also, the additional ASW modes have been in the oculsu software for a while, there has just not been anyone asking for them. Now there was, so i added them. As always, you need to test the different modes on different games to figure out what works best for you on your specific PC hardware.

keem85
Level 4

@keem85 My bad, old bug, will fix. As a workaround you can first select something from the dropdown list of games/apps.
The OK button should now be enabled. After that, hit the browse button and find what you actually want to add. The OK button should still be enabled now allowing you to add the profile. The titles of the profile (e.g. game/app) might need to be manually edited as it might still reflect what you selected previously.

Also, the additional ASW modes have been in the oculsu software for a while, there has just not been anyone asking for them. Now there was, so i added them. As always, you need to test the different modes on different games to figure out what works best for you on your specific PC hardware.

Okey I see! But there are 30fps options there, is that a typo? No such thing as low as 30hz ASW on current headsets.. Should I use 45fps forced or non forced? What are the difference between them?

Sporg9
Level 3

keem85 said:

Okey I see! But there are 30fps options there, is that a typo? No such thing as low as 30hz ASW on current headsets.. Should I use 45fps forced or non forced? What are the difference between them?

I think the 30 Hz and 18 Hz ASW might be for the Quest.
At least I've seen 30 and 18 fps on my Quest while testing.

Actually I was in doubt about the 45 Hz option earlier, since Quest can only do 72/2 = 36 fps, or at least so I thought.

I guess I'm even more confused now.

FolkSong
Level 4
I gave it a quick try on my CV1.

Off, Auto, and 45 Hz work the same as always. Adaptive has no obvious difference from Auto. 45 Hz forced also seems to do nothing (I still get 90 fps). 30 and 18 Hz actually do work, with increasingly horrible ASW artifacts as you go down.

I'm curious about the "Adaptive GPU Scaling" setting too. Is this supposed to work together with the "Adaptive" ASW mode? And is it only for Oculus games that support it, or does it run all the time? I tried it On and Off in Fallout 4 VR and it didn't seem to make a difference.

KinkyJalepeno
Level 3

FolkSong said:

I gave it a quick try on my CV1.

Off, Auto, and 45 Hz work the same as always. Adaptive has no obvious difference from Auto. 45 Hz forced also seems to do nothing (I still get 90 fps). 30 and 18 Hz actually do work, with increasingly horrible ASW artifacts as you go down.

I'm curious about the "Adaptive GPU Scaling" setting too. Is this supposed to work together with the "Adaptive" ASW mode? And is it only for Oculus games that support it, or does it run all the time? I tried it On and Off in Fallout 4 VR and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Any difference in No Mans Sky?  Man that game runs like dog poop in VR even on lowest settings.  That's my research project for the day.
Home built VR rig
NZXT H440 Black Mid-Tower
Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo
NVidia 1080ti
32 Gb Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
Corsair H80i liquid cooling

Netheri
Level 7
@FolkSong witht the Adaptive Gpu scaling "off" you can get and pinpoint the maximum SS with 90 fps (or 45fps) on games or apps. If the Scaling is "on" (with ASW i guess) it will and should drop your SS to maximum where the app/game is still playable without stutter and lag. At least it _should_; for me that option made HUGE lags and only got to adjust the SS after Oculus restart.  
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Andregee
Level 2
delete 

keem85
Level 4
I'm getting .NET errors on your newest patch

---------------------------------------------------------------------
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '-2' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at OculusTrayTool.FrmMain.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
OculusTrayTool
    Assembly Version: 0.86.5.1
    Win32 Version: 0.86.5.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/OculusTrayTool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.104.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.104.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
CoreAudio
    Assembly Version: 2017.4.18.14
    Win32 Version: 2017.4.18.14
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/CoreAudio.DLL
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.Speech
    Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.7400.345
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Speech/11.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Speech.dll
SharpDX.DirectInput
    Assembly Version: 4.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/SharpDX.DirectInput.DLL
SharpDX
    Assembly Version: 4.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/SharpDX.DLL
System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.2.21924
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
UACHelper
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.4
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Oculus%20Tray%20Tool/UACHelper.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ApollyonVR
Level 8
@keem85 I'd like to see a log in debug mode (Restart in debug mode from the Advanced tab) and then replicate the issue and send me the log in a PM. Are you selecting anything manually when you get this error? Or do you get it on startup?

Cheers!