cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@ApollyonVR  All seems to work great mate!  Many thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Turnip579 @TomCgcmfc The reason for this is that Microsoft has locked down the permissions on the WindowsApp folder, where the Store apps are installed. You need to get proper permissions so that you can browse this folder and find the correct process to monitor. A fellow OTT user found this guide https://thegeekpage.com/cant-access-windowsapps-folder/ which helped him gain access to the folder. After this, you should be able to use the Browse button when creating a new profile and find FlightSimulator.exe. Try it out and see how it works.

Cheers!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
After today's msfs202 YT vid I think there are going to be a few more OTT users, lol!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XUYwiQ9M_c&t=1sec ;
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
18 Hz? Yikes - I do not much care for 60 Hz in the Reverb G2.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

18 Hz? Yikes - I do not much care for 60 Hz in the Reverb G2.

Ya, less than 30Hz ASW with X Plane 11 is not very good for me either with my Rift cv1 or Quest 1 w/Link (smooth but way too many artifacts).  No way does WMR and/or SteamVR do as good a job as Oculus ASW 2.0 imho. 

I just tried Adaptive ASW with OTT and together with Adaptive GPU this seems to work even better.  Smooth with zero stutters (with the right SS settings of course, 1.5x with my cv1 and gtx1080ti).  Def a big improvement with dedicated Oculus PCVR headsets (Rift cv1 and S) and this allows me to increase world setting to max in places like NYC which I cannot do with my Vive Pro, and way better than using plugins like ovr or 3jFPS.

The main point is that you cannot do this with any WMR or SteamVR headsets, even with Revive.  Quest with Link will not work quite as well either imho.  Of course, Quest wireless with Virtual Desktop does not allow you to use Oculus ASW anyway btw.

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege
Guys quick question, is there away to bypass the "allow this program to make changes to your PC" notification every time OTT starts? and with out turning that option completely off? so to allow OTT only? 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Guys quick question, is there away to bypass the "allow this program to make changes to your PC" notification every time OTT starts? and with out turning that option completely off? so to allow OTT only? 

No, with win10 it's all or nothing, lol!  Probably not a good idea to disable this imho.

MrBluePlaydoh
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

No, with win10 it's all or nothing, lol!  Probably not a good idea to disable this imho.

Thats annoying as i have OTT open on start up and seeing that every time i would rather just uninstall OTT, thats a shame.  Typical windows not giving us more options.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Thats annoying as i have OTT open on start up and seeing that every time i would rather just uninstall OTT, thats a shame.  Typical windows not giving us more options.

That's because OTT needs to run in Administrative mode.  Personally I don't think this is a big deal.  I startup OTT beforehand, press OK, then startup the Oculus app and put my headset on.  Only adds a second or two to the process.  Up to you if you think that this is a hardship you want to avoid but you'll miss a lot of the benefits that OTT delivers imho.

Edit; I think you can also select OTT to startup with win10 without getting this message.  I don't use this since I don't always want to startup OTT every time since I also run a Vive Pro.  From the OTT manual;

Start with Windows: Check this box to have the application start when Windows starts.
This setting requires you to run the application as Administrator. This will add a scheduled task that runs OTT at logon. The task will run as administrator and suppress UAC prompts. If for some reason you cannot get OTT to start properly, and you have it set to Start with Windows and want to change that, go to Task Scheduler and find the Oculus Tray Tool task and disable it.

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@MrBluePlaydoh Like @TomCgcmfc pointed out, you can bypass Windows UAC by using a scheduled task to start OTT with Windows. If you have already set it to Standard, simply uncheck and re-check Start with Windows, and then select the Scheduled Task option. This should bypass UAC and allow OTT to start with Windows without prompting. Once you've done that, you can create a shortcut to this task so that UAC doesn't prompt when you run it manually (using that shortcut)

On your desktop, right click and select New > Shortcut and paste

C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /RUN /TN "Oculus Tray Tool"

into the text box. The default name of the shortcut will be "schtasks.exe" so perhaps change that to Oculus Tray Tool 😃

Cheers!

P.S. I'm currently writing code for a Windows Mixed Reality Tray Tool, so anyone with a WMR headset, like the HP Reverb G2, feel free to ping me and i'll get you something to test out. There will be a Reddit post soon (tm) with this as well.